Show me your modded Mora

my 2 definitely doesn't have the tang visible, at some point they changed having an exposed tang

my 2 definitely doesn't have the tang visible, at some point they changed having an exposed tang

Mtwarden,

The 2 and 2/0 are two very different knives. 2/0 is a backpackers favorite since it is small and light. With just under a 3 inch blade its a little smaller than your BRKT Ultralight Bushcrafter, and at 1.8 oz it is also lighter with the sheath included.

Yup- I'm talking 1 & 2 as no longer having an exposed tang at the top, don't own 2/0 so can't say. The 1 & 2 both used to come with the top of the tang exposed, but no longer. I want to say roughly 6-8 years ago was the change???? I know there were guys looking for old stock trying to score the "old school" ones for awhile

Yup- I'm talking 1 & 2 as no longer having an exposed tang at the top, don't own 2/0 so can't say. The 1 & 2 both used to come with the top of the tang exposed, but no longer. I want to say roughly 6-8 years ago was the change???? I know there were guys looking for old stock trying to score the "old school" ones for awhile

Oh okay exactly, my Classic #1 does not have a full length tang either. My 2/0 does and I believe they are still made that way. The Original Classic #1 still have a full length tang as well as a linseed oil finish rather than red paint and a laminated blade. The sheath is also different. And I believe you can still find blade blanks for those looking to add their own handle. Sorry for the confusion.

ragweed forge (others??) sell the original blanks as well as the hardware needed- would be a fun project with a chunk of curly birch :)

I was no doubt adding to the confusion:D

I've got this little guy on my right now. I didn't do much, the plastic sheath didn't have very good retention (it rattled a bit while on horseback) so I made a quick sheath out of raw cow hide. The thread is actually a strip or horse leather. This knife has a full rat tang and it came with a hole on the pommel that allowed water and dirt to get in there, so I plugged it.

20160122_183929.jpg

20160122_184019.jpg

20160122_183942.jpg

Good to see this thread popping back! :)
Man, seeing that mora sheath I posted convinces me that practice indeed makes better. :D I still have that sheath though, I have tweaked it a bit and still makes good neck mora.
I would maybe make version two if I wasn't so darn busy these days with other projects.

I have a Garberg with the multimount sheath. I heavily modded the sheath system to provide me a way of carrying multiple knives and tools while out in the bush. First thing I did was to attatch a tek-lock to the stock multi-mount sheath. This required me to drill a single hole in the sheaths mounting bracket to allow a second screw to be affixed through the tek-lock. Second thing, i attatched a second smaller companion knife (in my case it was the Schrade Schf59 in a kydex sheath) to the tek-lock. The Schf59 is a 4inch drop point blade made from Mn65 steel that is super durable and is great for all general purpose tasks short of wood processing. Next mod was to mount a pouch to the Garbergs sheath. The pouch I used allowed me to not doany physical modifications to the sheath of the Garber. It simply has a vertical opening that allows the pouch to be horitonally worn on a belt that i slid the Garbers sheath through before nesting the Garbergs sheath in the rentention slot on the multimount backing plate. I carry a small 250lumen led flashlight and spare batteries, a Gerber Suspension NXT multi-tool, a Gerber Gator Folder, a diamond sharpening stone, a small folding silky saw and a small gut hook tool in it. This setup is amazingly convenient for being in the woods, at a campsite, in a bugout bag or just keeping in the truck for emergencies. I also affixed a ferro rod to the tek-lock as well for fire starting as the both fixed blades throw sparks for days. For me this setup is incredibly modular and fully customizable and I would highly reccommend it.
p31Bt46

[url=https://ibb.co/fxwd4bc] [/URL]

Last edited:
I posted this eight years ago. I don't know if I stole it from someone, or fumbled into it myself. Drop the emptied para outer shell across the grip. Bring it to the back and make a cross. Yank/push it up under the belt clip to snug up. Slide on the locking retainer over both loose ends, and slide it down to lock up..........Cheap/easy added retention. This could probably be modified into neck carry if you had the interest.
yQo4LJW.jpg

N2ttBQc.jpg

tuE7rmH.jpg

Back