Show off your 15's

:D:D:cool: Thanks for the concern men, but it's misplaced:) The knife was a present from a notable member here and it is a second. I removed the chain & shackle and it's ready to go:thumbsup: The chip looks worse in this shot than it is, being well matched in colour and smooth. The knife has a load of character and will be a super-user all the way.

This way you won't be all too mad if the dry Scandinavian air cracks it. :confused: Hopefully this doesn't happen. On the bright side, the chip gives it character and offers us a great oportunity to see what the bone looks like beneath the jigging. :)

15 Spear and smaller 14 neighbour

B2IuHDb.jpg

The 15 and the 93 Waynorth are my favorite GEC. It sounds like Maher and Grosh redone, ditch the small blade and recover... I'd love to have one done with the looking glass abalone. I like the bald headed look, only one bolster.

GEC released the Farmboy in late 2013. One could (accurately) call it "GEC's Mini-Trapper", a pattern that is securely at the top of my favorite patterns. I'm glad I didn't know back in 2013 that there were only forty seven of these made in Antique Yellow. Had I known I doubt I ever would have modified it, used it and therefore enjoyed it as much as I have. The Farmboy is such a wonderful knife I hope GEC chooses to make more of them. Like an old friend this one has on occasion been taken for granted yet at the same time, it's has always been an absolute treasure.

YuRSx1i.jpg

Back