Show off your knife/gun combo...

Here's another:

Browning Hi-Power, Busse Combat Steel Heart E and Tom Hetmanski knives

99249_BHP_Busse2.jpg

All of you own some awesome tools. I think this is the last one from the safe. It is a browning .22 with a Barry Posner knife.

5811471-8c13-028001E0-.jpg

nra_udt_6210.jpg

The only guns I can carry legally in Poland are on my bergamot belt buckle and my mobile. My daily carry knife is Microtech UDT - this one is prefectly legal :)

Piter
Airguns & Knives Page
http://www.Guns.com.pl

How about a S&W .38 snuby with bobbed hammer, black front insert, opened rear site channel, action job and the trigger rounded.

Ok guys, I hate to ask for an assist. But, I don't know how to post a pic. I need help please.

Thanks!

OK, I'm betting one of you guys can help me out. Forgive me for posting this here, but I got ZIP replies over in the gadgets&gear forum. Anyway, I want to fix up a Colt 1911 with antique ivory micarta grip panels, or at least white (faux ivory) micarta. Does anyone know where I can get hooked up to some? :(

Originally posted by rockspyder
OK, I'm betting one of you guys can help me out. Forgive me for posting this here, but I got ZIP replies over in the gadgets&gear forum. Anyway, I want to fix up a Colt 1911 with antique ivory micarta grip panels, or at least white (faux ivory) micarta. Does anyone know where I can get hooked up to some? :(

AJAX grips- I know they are on the web somewhere ... faux and real ivory....

Originally posted by tallpaul
AJAX grips- I know they are on the web somewhere ... faux and real ivory....

Hmmmm... that apparently would be
http://www.ajaxgrips.com/ :D

:D Thank you, tallpaul! That appears to be about what I'm looking for. Not micarta, but maybe better. Ever used them?

Originally posted by rockspyder

:D Thank you, tallpaul! That appears to be about what I'm looking for. Not micarta, but maybe better. Ever used them?

Back before I sold all my guns and knives- I bought stuff from ajax and was happy with them. never had the "white" grips but the wood .45 stuff was great....

Here's an Ajax grip that my wife scrimmed an eagle on.

They are very white.

I prefer ivory micarta; they yellow nicely like real ivory.

You have to remember that both have a tendency to twist in your hand because they're too smooth.

View

...Love the 686!

Owning, or having owned at least a dozen Smiths, they hold a special place in my heart, with fond memories of many a good shoot!

Though I spend most of my time dancing around with BHP's, SIG's, and 1911's these days...still trying to figure out which I like best, and whether I have a preference for 9mm vs .45, (10,000 rnds in the last 2 years, and I still haven't quite 'worked it out'...lol), wheel guns are still my first love.

Saturday, 10 days past, me and the wife take a good friend and fellow shooter over to the local range....he's a wheel gun fan too, with a 686 like yours, but he's thinking .45 now, just for giggles.

So, I take a box stock SIG P-220, a box stock Colt series 80 1911, and a heavily modified 'tactical' Springfield 1911 that I've had 'worked' over the last 10 years...just so he can get a feel for them...

(These were his choices, and were set up to answer his 'shoot before buying' questions...)

While he and my better half were wringing out the above mentioned, I spied his 686 in the range bag and asked if I could give her a whirl...

OMFG! 7 rounds in the 'x' or 10 at 15 yds. on a NRA 25 yd 'slow fire' followed by 7 rounds in the 'x' or 10 on the second target taped to the card board... :D

"John, you don't need a .45 buddy, you're never going to beat this one for accuracy", I proudly stated...

He looks at me, looks at my wife, looks back at me and deadpans..."Who said anything about need?"...and then turns back down range. I may have to make him a trade offer now, the little sh*t :D

I finally started carrying my Colt Commander, and leaving my Glock in the safe for a while. I also started carrying the Native for a while.

I hate each and every one of you that has nicer toys than me.
Being as how I'm a grunt with a small wallet I have to stick with the HK USP .45 full size w/ tritium sights and a Busse Basic 7. Both in basic black sans pearls. You'se Guy are a bunch of beatiful Bastids

Back