Siberian Slashers: Russian titanium alloy blades

Here we have a few more Siberian Slashers, beginning with a "robust" prototype for the machetes. This one retains the tough slippery "alpha case" colors from heat treatment. It's quite muted on this alloy:

siB7jTF.jpg

azVJHXi.jpg

Next is one of my personal favorites yet, a dha-like object, thinner and more delicate than the proto above, very light. The spine and nose of the blade are beveled. This was a fun blade to make!

pbzp0Jb.jpg

5HFdGZe.jpg

nF7NPVz.jpg

Last is a two blade set with a spindly copper stand. Like the ones above, the big blade is 24" oal, while the small one is about 15.5". These are VERY thin, razor-like blades with little copper handguards. The spines are beveled, although it can't be seen in the photos.

IYC2jEW.jpg

0QyJT10.jpg

JyY1THf.jpg

dPKivFf.jpg

The finalized version of the Mecha-style machetes of this alloy. Here are numbers 0-6, of a planned 11 blades, making them numbered 0-10. Four more to go. They are ground in between the very thin razor-like ones, and the robust one. The heat treatment made for a very stiff blade that returns true even after a strong, hard flex. Each blade is forged close to its final curvature, and is distally tapered in thickness. They weigh around 9 oz each!

D8W2BbO.jpg

5H44PYK.jpg

h7DXgYa.jpg

OcpIUcl.jpg

bMMn2NA.jpg

ZvwajMD.jpg

WORB1VO.jpg

2QfvBI7.jpg

k5mdpTc.jpg

These are beyond cool. I think I need to take a road trip and see them in person.

those machetes are genius. lightweight, thin...man that is something i could use here. great design and job on those Sir.

OT - reading this thread I see that there are two "bullet proof" phones ! One iphone type block real bullets ,the other is a normal phone which is Bullet Proof against interference .It will work despite various types of electronic interference .
The latest fad is to fight against Plastic Drinking Straws because they are found so often in the piles of floating debris clogging the oceans . Big food companies companies are no longer using plastic straws . The problem is that while stainless steel is still available I can't find any Ti straws . My Ti chopsticks are lonely ! China is buying all the scrap
Ti they can find. :(

A little shorty slasher by special request. I had my doubts about the mid-level size, but in the end I liked it a LOT. 10.5 ounces, 18" oal, with two paracord lanyard holes by request. It was made to spec.

57BrJZq.jpg

szodjJD.jpg

7phIMsY.jpg

lClwawg.jpg

V64J8EX.jpg

^nice, very nice Sir. I could see that being very useful.

Very nice work and interesting concepts. Just curious if your work is usually commissioned or if you build and then post them for sale somewhere? I’ve never seen them for sale here and didn’t see an “available” section on your site.

Very nice work and interesting concepts. Just curious if your work is usually commissioned or if you build and then post them for sale somewhere? I’ve never seen them for sale here and didn’t see an “available” section on your site.
Mecha does have sales posts, youve just missed them (or didnt use the search function :D)
Here Titanium Body Armor Skewers
https://bladeforums.com/threads/russian-ballistic-titanium-body-armor-skewers.1569018/

Edit: NB only through sheer willpower have I hitherto withstood the lure of a Siberian Slasher and/or a Mecha-style Ti knife.

Last edited:
Back