Siberian Slashers: Russian titanium alloy blades

Very nice work and interesting concepts. Just curious if your work is usually commissioned or if you build and then post them for sale somewhere? I’ve never seen them for sale here and didn’t see an “available” section on your site.
PM Mecha its how I got ahold of one. worst he'll say is none left.

Very nice work and interesting concepts. Just curious if your work is usually commissioned or if you build and then post them for sale somewhere? I’ve never seen them for sale here and didn’t see an “available” section on your site.

Thank you Jstrange. :] I used to post things for sale here on Bladeforums, but then after a while got caught up in various commissions or requests, some of which have turned into some of the best things I've ever made, but have often been very time consuming, derailing, and worrying. Otherwise, everything else has been spoken for or requested before it could be listed, or a regular customer was kind enough to acquire a blade when asked (very appreciated, fellas). A large number of blades have gone into the vortices of Europe or Florida. Seriously, people from Florida seem to love these things. The Siberian Slasher project was also a total failure at making an "efficient" run of machetes, HA! :D

Having just about caught up with everything, with great delight I can finally work on projects that have been driving me MAD as they dance within my head, taunting to be brought to life, and with them will swiftly come major refinements to all of the blades forever after. Without making the ones that need to be made, there will be almost no progress. So I'm trying to avoid special commissions for now.

What I'm getting at is, there should finally be some up for sale pretty soon, but they will be, uh...abnormal. If you'd like a machete or normal blade tool, then by all means, just ask and I'll do my best!

Mecha does have sales posts, youve just missed them (or didnt use the search function :D)
Here Titanium Body Armor Skewers
https://bladeforums.com/threads/russian-ballistic-titanium-body-armor-skewers.1569018/

Edit: NB only through sheer willpower have I hitherto withstood the lure of a Siberian Slasher and/or a Mecha-style Ti knife.

I can never get the search function to work!

Yes yes...willpower...

ACsa1Nv.gif

For the reader:

There are two more Siberian Slashers remaining, numbers 7 and 8. Both of them have some unfortunately-placed deep hammer blows midway down the blade on the left flank.

As of now, the rest of the BT23 ti alloy stock is intended for use in two or three ballistic armor vests, one shield, and for the cores of san mai titanium alloy sword billets. There should also be some one-off blades made from it as well, depending on what's left.

real dumb question, but since this is your sub forum you can, if ya wanted, list them on a thread sticky what have ya on here or no?

real dumb question, but since this is your sub forum you can, if ya wanted, list them on a thread sticky what have ya on here or no?

I don't think there would be a problem with it. I think I can do anything I want here up to and including W&C level asshattery! :D

I don't think there would be a problem with it. I think I can do anything I want here up to and including W&C level asshattery! :D
.......but no one else can. that makes you a King here.;)

looking forward to what ya got coming out for sale.......

.......but no one else can. that makes you a King here.;)

looking forward to what ya got coming out for sale.......

Yes! King of Mad Science Forge subforum!

Dramatization: an unwitting forumite wanders into Mad Science Forge subforum and asks a question about titanium swords...

"It's good to be The King".
I can't wait to see what I might be able to get my paws on.

Slasher #8 has a bit of a bow in the blade, a permanent result of the heat treatment. Time for a little demo fun! There was a lot more cutting going on than shown in the video. The blade took no damage at all, other than maybe a tiny hint of lost sharpness from the big bamboo mis-strikes. The light weight and slight build of these blades does have limitations for heavier chopping, but it works great for anything a normal light machete would be used for.

One final ultralight Siberian Slasher remains, #7. It's a good one, with a pronounced distal taper to the thin blade.

Back