Slysz Bowie

Does anyone have this knife? I really like everything about it. The blade steel the blade thickness the grind everything seems to be put together for one incredible knife. Just curious if anyone has it and their opinions on it

It is flawless fit and finish wise. I'd prefer a slightly different blade shape, but that's based on aesthetics. It performs very very well and the only thing is whether the extra level of fit and finish is worth it (it is a bit expensive)

I recently bought this, CRK Umnumzan, and a CRK starbenza. I'm using the Slysz a bunch more and liking it more and more.

Absolutely love it. I recently got a chance to play with a Sebenza with the Slysz in my pocket, and saved myself $500. I'm considering selling my 940.

I recently bought this, CRK Umnumzan, and a CRK starbenza. I'm using the Slysz a bunch more and liking it more and more.

Why? is it more comfortable in hand? Easier to operate? Better slicer? Easier to use since it was the cheapest version you mentioned? Help me off the fence on this one.

Why? is it more comfortable in hand? Easier to operate? Better slicer? Easier to use since it was the cheapest version you mentioned? Help me off the fence on this one.

I would be willing to bet the slight curve of the Spyderco makes it a bit more comfortable in hand.

the slight curve made it right for this piece .. the k2 feels very weird even in my big hand.

Anyone have any more experience to share on this blade? I'm interested in it, but am surprised how little press it's getting now that it has been released. What's up with the S-Bowie?

I handled one at a local sharps shop. It is a really nice knife. The fit and finish was excellent. The convex handles feel amazing but I like more traction to my knives. aaaand it's expensive.

If I could fine one for ~$200 on the secondary market I might pick one up.

This will take a while to get to the secondary market but if there is one, do get it. Its a sweet piece and i think the only thing that keep this from getting a wider keeper audiences is the pricing which may be kind steep hence people need to think longer before parting with their cash.

This will take a while to get to the secondary market but if there is one, do get it. Its a sweet piece and i think the only thing that keep this from getting a wider keeper audiences is the pricing which may be kind steep hence people need to think longer before parting with their cash.

i still havent had the funds to pull the trigger on one, but i am inching closer and closer everyday, hopefully after the holidays or something

Great, I have been having problem deciding which one to get: a large starbenza, a large sebenza insingo or a slysz bowie, so I guess you can help me :)
What made me always wanting a sebenza because of its service I guess and its legendary qualities.

I loved the way slysz looks and its $200 less but the pocket clip made me worried that it will scratched up the titanium handle like it did with my techno.

If I can have only one, which one should I get... Please share more about sebenza v. slysz bowie...
Thanks buddy!

The slysz if you want user that is fun to flick. The Seb if you want that head and shoulders above production quality standards...

Back