Small Gent's knives

Been on a quest the last few years to have small Gent’s knives built for me based on a Bose #8 pattern. These are all in the 3” range a couple may be 3 1/8” but each maker has their interpretation on the pattern.

I have posted most of these in various threads, but I wanted to show them in a thread based on the pattern and maybe encourage others to show their Gent’s knives as well. So if you have any please post. Here are a few to get this going.
Charles

Brent Cramer
cramergents1.jpg

cramergents2.jpg

cramergents3.jpg

Jim Dunlap
dunlapbone1.jpg

dunlapbone2.jpg

dunlapmammoth2.jpg

dunlapmammoth3.jpg

Beautiful knives Charles. :thumbup: Unfortunately, I have none to contribute. I am on the list of a few makers and this pattern is certainly in mind for it's OAL.

Thanks for showing these off. I seem to remember you having a few more. I could be wrong, but if not, I would love to see those as well.

Thanks Brett and you're correct I do have a few more. Here are a couple more Jim Dunlap knives.
Charles
Pearl
dunlapmop4.jpg

dunlapmop3.jpg

Westinghouse Micarta
dunlapoldmicarta1.jpg

dunlapoldmicarta2.jpg

Charles, if I just met you and saw how much abuse your Sinn has taken I would be very surprised to see you pull such exquisite knives out of your pocket.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the eye candy. Those are spectacular.

Charles, if I just met you and saw how much abuse your Sinn has taken I would be very surprised to see you pull such exquisite knives out of your pocket.

Thanks for sharing.

That Sinn 656 (and it's patina) belongs to yours truly ... was my daily wear for 10 years and saw quite a few miles.

Great knives Charles, a single blade slipjoint is all I really need nowadays.

Charles, I admire your dedication in collecting specific patterns and handle material. I especially like the Dowell and Cramer knives.

For what it's worth, here's a T. Bose that I used to own that was 3 1/8.

Bosesway004.jpg

Bosesway003.jpg

Wow! Some impressive knives in this thread!

When I think of Gent's knives these two always come to mind:

Bill Kennedy custom at 2 3/4 inches:

Mike Alsdorf custom at 3 inches:

Last edited:
Found these going through a box yesterday. Do they count? And yes the little one will shave a hair.

Seriously though, this is my dress knife given to me by a wonderful woman who wanted me to have a pretty knife.

Charles, I KNEW when I saw a Thread by you - that there was going to be some outstanding pieces- and I wasnt disappointed- Wow!!! EACH Knife is just magnificent!
Mike - again, knives of such quality.... it gives people like me aims thats for sure when viewing such lovely knives!!

Rick - great to see you posting around - it may be me but I havent seen you much of late!

Thanks for the comments everybody. A collector always likes to hear nice things about their collection.

Rick, that Kennedy must be 2 3/4" not 3 3/4".
Mike, that stag T. Bose is outstanding!
John, let me know when you have photos of the other pieces of my Gent's group, cause now I have the thread going we talked about.

Charles

Mike, that stag is just killer!!!

Thank you guys. I have a bit of seller's remorse when I think about that knife. It was my first T. Bose and I thought I was actually going to carry it, but after I got it I just couldn't so I sold it. Looking forward to more Charles.

Back