SMALLS (Traditionals only)

Very pretty and clearly well executed knife there Harry, you must be well pleased :cool: Fine tang-stamps as well!

Regards, Will

Dunlap 3" #8 gents pattern
dunlapshadowdamascus1.jpg

dunlapshadowdamascus2.jpg

dunlapshadowdamascus3.jpg

Most people, when being honest with themselves, would admit that one of the prime motors for collecting and or carrying Traditional knives hinges on aesthetics. This is no flippant thing either as there's more than sufficient ugliness in day to day life anyway. Here, you see simplicity matched with proportional beauty and true finesse. The Shadow pattern in a beautiful colour and material, augmented by the Bird's Eye pivot and simple yet correctly worked pins. This is taken further when you consider the shape of the Wharncliffe which corresponds in shape and size to the handle itself. Its innate power is highlighted finally by the very effective contrast between Damascus blade/spring and bright liner plates. All this in such a small frame is astounding.

Yes, beauty is a huge lure in Traditional knives, plus enormous variety in blades, patterns, methods etc but this remarkable knife looks like it is a very satisfying and effective knife to use and own, ultimately, this achieves all that a knife should . :thumbsup::cool:

In appreciation, Will

Most people, when being honest with themselves, would admit that one of the prime motors for collecting and or carrying Traditional knives hinges on aesthetics. This is no flippant thing either as there's more than sufficient ugliness in day to day life anyway. Here, you see simplicity matched with proportional beauty and true finesse. The Shadow pattern in a beautiful colour and material, augmented by the Bird's Eye pivot and simple yet correctly worked pins. This is taken further when you consider the shape of the Wharncliffe which corresponds in shape and size to the handle itself. Its innate power is highlighted finally by the very effective contrast between Damascus blade/spring and bright liner plates. All this in such a small frame is astounding.

Yes, beauty is a huge lure in Traditional knives, plus enormous variety in blades, patterns, methods etc but this remarkable knife looks like it is a very satisfying and effective knife to use and own, ultimately, this achieves all that a knife should . :thumbsup::cool:

In appreciation, Will
Nicely put!:thumbsup:

In appreciation, Will

Will, that was a great post! Poetic as it was true, and a lovely picture to boot. I couldn't have said it better myself. Absolutely worth five thumb ups. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yes, beauty is a huge lure in Traditional knives, plus enormous variety in blades, patterns, methods etc but this remarkable knife looks like it is a very satisfying and effective knife to use and own, ultimately, this achieves all that a knife should .

Refreshing to see someone using the language we were offered back in our school days. Thanks; it seems to be a bit rare these days. Oh... and the knife is very nice, as well.

Will, that was a great post! Poetic as it was true, and a lovely picture to boot. I couldn't have said it better myself. Absolutely worth five thumb ups.

Will Power Will Power - Thank you Will for a moving example of what is fast becoming a lost art.

Have this on it's way to me. 09 Esquire in Rust Red Bone

s-l1603.jpg s-l1604.jpg
Cap.jpg

While I love the Chestnut Bone Esquire that a fellow Forum Member gifted me and carry it a lot, I have missed the Rust Red one I lost.

My Chestnut Bone one

Chestnut Bone 3.JPG

Attachments

• Chestnut Bone 2.JPG
    Chestnut Bone 2.JPG
    10 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
1108181432.jpg 1108181433.jpg Very well made mini (micro?) Trapper by Rough Rider. Surprising walk'n'talk considering its size, got quite the snap! Mother of pearl covers, no gaps, or uneveness. Blades centered and scary sharp. Despite it diminutive size its quite functional. I think it qualifies for this thread:D

1108181433a.jpg
Also a metric pic for y'all that ain't put a man on the moon:D:p

Back