Smoke needed for many people - Please post needs here

We wore masks except at the break table or at our desks in the back We sanitized everything regularly, and I have 10 squirt bottles of hand sanitizer throughout the store. No one was sick, coughing, sneezing, etc.
thanks for the information. I was actually asking for a reason: viruses versus the immune system response have an interesting relation between the amount of initial "dose" versus the resulting illness. for the most part, if you get exposed to just a few viruses ... your immune system has time to create antibodies before the virus replicates to large numbers ... and you have no or few symptoms (some, like Hepatitis B which I studies are nasty .... one or two viruses and they have a chance to defeat your immune system). The CDC has not been talking about this (though recently with the "double masking" stuff they are **beginning** to), but masks are actually very much like vaccines: the point is NOT to totally avoid illness .... the point is to reduce the illness in severity so that severe illness (and hospitalization) does not occur. vaccines do this by giving the immune system a "head start". masks do this by reducing (but not necessarily eliminating) the exposure to the viruses ... so that you get sick .... but not severely so (I have been telling this to my family for almost the last year). I would say that your precautions in the shop did *exactly* what they were supposed to have done. So .... I am glad and heartened that people are ok and had only mild symptoms :)

boy this thing has been rough!.ive been a single parent with full custody for 2 years now. my kids are 3 and 7. It was tough, very tough at first, but once the pandemic started things got really hard to manage, just the logistics alone of child care and work, and my side job / knifemaking alone was almost impossible, not to mention taking care of the house and regular stuff....now at this point im being quarantined yet again due to close exposure...the estranged ex is in n out of the hospital constantly (doctors call me, i cant do anything), work is constant (good thing i guess), heres to hoping none of my heat and water machines in the basement give out any time soon. Cheers boys, and girrls. Stacy, glad you and your wife is doing alright ! As for smoke well, I dont know what i need, maybe just a place to write it down! stay gold shoptalk, stay gold!

boy this thing has been rough!.ive been a single parent with full custody for 2 years now. my kids are 3 and 7. It was tough, very tough at first, but once the pandemic started things got really hard to manage, just the logistics alone of child care and work, and my side job / knifemaking alone was almost impossible, not to mention taking care of the house and regular stuff....now at this point im being quarantined yet again due to close exposure...the estranged ex is in n out of the hospital constantly (doctors call me, i cant do anything), work is constant (good thing i guess), heres to hoping none of my heat and water machines in the basement give out any time soon. Cheers boys, and girrls. Stacy, glad you and your wife is doing alright ! As for smoke well, I dont know what i need, maybe just a place to write it down! stay gold shoptalk, stay gold!
You probably need all the above!!!! Please let us know if anything "breaks"......

Smoke and prayers sent to everyone suffering from this. I work in healthcare and am pretty sure I had it last February when it first came around, testing wasn't available at that time and I never got the antibody test later on. Again smoke and prayers sent to everyone suffering from this to come through this safely and healthy.

I just found out that an old friend has been on a ventilator for the past 5 days. He is a 60 year old health nut, works out daily, 165 pounds, vegetarian, non-smoker/drinker, etc. He had Covid pretty bad but got better and then his oxygen saturation crashed a week later. They were going to try and take him off the ventilator yesterday. I haven't heard any news yet on how that went.

My mom's little brother got it after the holidays (ma is 94, her "little brother" is 90). He's a bit large, has had a bad stroke, which he recovered from a few years ago & has recovered well enough from Covid after 2 weeks. His wife (88 years old with a BMI of 17) got it & died a week ago. Go figure.

My wife is a retired RN & claims a bit of extra weight is necessary for the body to fight off disease, if you get sick. Being a dumb, uneducated construction worker, I'm just not sure. I'm taking a bit more vitamins, but not going full bore on them as some people do (C, D3, Zinc are important). Prayers for all who have loved ones who are sick, prayers for everyone else as well...

Here's an interesting video which some may find informative, I did, but take it with a large pinch of salt. The jury's still out on all of this stuff & we just don't know yet who can be affected.

Sad to hear of your families troubles Stacy. It can really hit home when something like this happens. We must care for each other as you did here.
Fred

The best to both of you, we are here for you...

Back