Smoke needed

No guilt Danny. Munk's right - the forum and many forumites have done well by you, and your knowledge, and your insights. Everybody needs some help from time to time. We're just doing what you have done and would do for any of us. Keep waking up in the morning and keep working through this.

Danny, you have good friends here. You are NOT ALLOWED to give up. I have been were you are and refused to give up just because I was stubborn and didn't want to upset my God. Waking up can be the hardest thing that you can do but you have to do it. You have to wash, eat, work, practice and do all the prosaic things that make up life and you have to do them well. That means that you have to concentrate. Meditate, don't do anything stupid, get professional help and DON"T LET YOUR WIFE WIN!!!

More good wishes for you Danny.

You got much good advice in earlier messages about contacting the embassy, professionals, and so on. I'll only urge you to keep doing "normal" things too...keep on working out, practising, etc. It does help.

I am not religious so no prayers or smoke but I do still think about this thread and you a lot. Best wishes.

My God, Danny, I have been absent for a while and I didn't see this any earlier. I'm so sorry I wasn't there earlier to send smoke and what comfort I can. My heart truly goes out to you.

I know that, were I in your position, there could be nothing worse or harder. But what people have said is absolutely true: you must not give up. That is what defines a person. It's his ability to take the crap that life deals out and fight back. But one must fight wisely, choose their punches, and not make things worse for themselves.

The suggestion of contacting the Embassy is a good one because they might get some influence and pull into your corner. Plus, they can help you in legal matters. Next, learn as carefully and fully as you can the relevant Japanese laws, look for how they will come after you, how you can avoid it, and how you can fight back. There are always loopholes. Do you know any good lawyers in Japan to ask for advice or to help you out?

More than anything, Danny, don't give up. Even if it seems they have won, they really haven't. Even if it takes many years and miles, there is always hope. Furthermore, remember that you are not alone. You are loved by many and respected by many. Keep your head high.

If you need anything, Danny, I'm sure I speak for about everyone here when I say to just ask. I've respected you from my first minute here, and our friendships aren't shallow.

Keep fighting, keep your head high in the knowledge that you are right, and don't give up. Smoke and prayers, Danny, are sent from Iowa. This stuff works. Trust me. :)

Chris

I thank you for that. Truly.
The problem is that there are NO laws in Japan about this stuff. The legal system has no enforcement capacity concerning visitation. They just award the mother custody. Period.
There are thousands of grieving fathers just like me, here and in America.
If I had any hope of winning any concession, I would not have sunk to my current state.

Danny, since there seems to be no legal recourse You need to attack the root of her objections, whatever they are. Just a thought, how about using child support as a lever to see your baby.

Danny, one of the few things I've learned after several decades on this earth is that things, no matter how bad they seem, always get better with time. Wait, be patient, and don't do anything rash. Don't panic, be patient!

You may not win now, but at some day you will still be able to see your child. Try to take comfort in that. For now, she may be able to take your child away, she wont be able to do that forever.

Keep your chin up! No one will be able to take that away from you. You will survive this. There's more to life than to survive.

Keno

Back