Smooth ivory bone addiction

I'm very fond of this old Hoffritz Serp Pen, about 3.5" single-spring.

Glenn re-handled it for me and gave it real presence.

IMG_2245.jpg

I took an updated "family photo" of my smooth ivory bone GECs...

Some are used more than others...

I love the colors they turn with use!

And then I picked this one up Sunday night in a trade... Technically it's smooth antique ivory...

I took an updated "family photo" of my smooth ivory bone GECs...

Some are used more than others...

I love the colors they turn with use!

And then I picked this one up Sunday night in a trade... Technically it's smooth antique ivory...

Wow awesome collection! Love the auto and 22 Magnum.

I have a couple, one a cheap import (but a good knife) and the other a rare collectable.

Ocoee river saddlehorn
Xmod2.jpg~original

Fight'n Rooster cattle knife
CelebratedFRcattleman_zpsbuuxnie9.jpg~original

GEC does a fantastic job with their Smooth Ivory Bone. The handles on one of these goes by another name. Which knife? Bonus points, what's the name of the bone? ;)

GEC-SmoothIvoryBone002_zpsunpidnvc.jpg

GEC does a fantastic job with their Smooth Ivory Bone. The handles on one of these goes by another name. Which knife? Bonus points, what's the name of the bone? ;)

GEC-SmoothIvoryBone002_zpsunpidnvc.jpg

At first glance, the 47 is Smooth OILED Bone. I'm pretty sure all the rest are SIB. You've got the Tidioute 22 Mag which was SIB while mine above was a Northfield in Smooth ANTIQUE Ivory Bone.

At first glance, the 47 is Smooth OILED Bone. I'm pretty sure all the rest are SIB. You've got the Tidioute 22 Mag which was SIB while mine above was a Northfield in Smooth ANTIQUE Ivory Bone.

Yikes, I forgot about the 47 being called Smooth Oiled Bone :) ... the Tidioute 22 Mag is Smooth Buckthorn Bone. :thumbup:

Awesome look to that one. I especially like that shield. Not sure what it's called, but I'd go with "mustache propeller"

Thanks, Jfowl, that shield is pinned on both sides of the "mustache." Could also be called a bowtie, or even a mirrored tulip! :D

Yikes, I forgot about the 47 being called Smooth Oiled Bone :) ... the Tidioute 22 Mag is Smooth Buckthorn Bone. :thumbup:

Ahh that's right. I had forgotten about Buckthorn bone. I almost grabbed one of those leftover on a distributor website a while back and passed because I thought it was too small... Then I handled one in a different cover and loved it and they were gone. I just lucked into this trade... Didn't even have to give up a knife! Just bartered some labor fixing some damaged Sheetrock

Back