Snark It

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Daizee, what ever became of your small bottle opener knife project?

You mean the birudashi?
It's alive. I think the bugs are worked out.

Here, replacing that image with one I took just now (one of the 8 knives off to my left!).
You can see I put in a brass eyelet to keep the sheath snug and allow a keeper lanyard to go to a belt loop.
Been carrying it a bit to experiment:

IMG_20130125_105218-small.jpg

Last edited:
You mean the birudashi?

Here, replacing that image with one I took just now (one of the 8 knives off to my left!).
You can see I put in a brass eyelet to keep the sheath snug and allow a keeper lanyard to go to a belt loop.

LOVE IT! Are these sold at the river store:D--I'm interested---

Last edited:
You mean the birudashi?

IMG_20130125_105218-small.jpg

Yep, that's it exactly! Let me know when the bugs get worked out.

There is no point that's the point a place where you don't point.

I'd better set aside some steel for birudashi, it seems.
They may end up 3/32" instead of 1/8". They'll be a ways out in the queue, but when I get to 'em there will likely be a batch all at once. In case you think I'm just scratchin' my arse over here, there's evidence of draining the queue up in the maker's gallery this afternoon. Truly, progress DOES continue!

Booneville KY
37.47°N 83.67°W (Elev. 708 ft)

26° F, 20° F wind chill.
1/4" of ice covering everything, with a drizzle of freezing rain on top of it.

I honestly love this weather!!!!!

I just found out that a BK16 will fit in a Benchmade Nimravus sheath. The retention strap is snug if you have liners though.

2013-01-25_14-07-27_979.jpg

I just found out that a BK16 will fit in a Benchmade Nimravus sheath. The retention strap is snug if you have liners though.

that looks great. how does the 16 compare to the nimravus?

that looks great. how does the 16 compare to the nimravus?

Dude, no comparison. The 16 is an outright woods tool, the Nimravus is a combat type tool. The 16 is much lighter. Not sure of the specs exactly, but there's a lot more noticeable weight in the Benchmade.

i have fasted all day, so i can eat bbq later for dinner

mega-burger and bbq stew

oh yeah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back