Snarking Up The Wrong Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a mini-BeckerWest gathering up at Nick’s place yesterday for the 4th. Had a blast!!

8xOkdEJ.jpg

Had a mini-BeckerWest gathering up at Nick’s place yesterday for the 4th. Had a blast!!

8xOkdEJ.jpg
Fun stuff!

Please keep us posted! We can live vicariously through you!
Meh... Vin plate came in today and I was able to install it on the firewall; however, not one of the neighborhood cops were home to sign the form for me. Argh.... The delay continues.

Last edited:
Its been way to long since i've been over here, life has been hectic to say the least. I hope I didn't miss too much

Little before and after:

Opinel mod

Reshaped, burned, and sanded down handle. Drilled lanyard hole. Treated wood with grape seed oil. Stuck blade in potato. Still trying to figure out how to try out some file work on the blade...
Nicely done Aikiguy :thumbsup:

Reshaped, burned, and sanded down handle. Drilled lanyard hole. Treated wood with grape seed oil. Stuck blade in potato. Still trying to figure out how to try out some file work on the blade...

Dremel. Filing hardened steel is misery.
Nice mods.

Great little picnic knives. They don't necessarily stay closed very well, so keep an eye out. Or with a bit of inner tube around them. I've had various sizes for years, and though I almost never use them anymore, I won't let 'em go either. And the carbon blades are excellent.

Dremel. Filing hardened steel is misery.
Nice mods.

Great little picnic knives. They don't necessarily stay closed very well, so keep an eye out. Or with a bit of inner tube around them. I've had various sizes for years, and though I almost never use them anymore, I won't let 'em go either. And the carbon blades are excellent.

Dremel it is then. Let’s see if I can’t mark up the blade too much.

...and apparently they rejigged the collar on them, so they lock in the closed position as well. Saves me from stabbing my thigh.

Don't stab your thigh, that's bad!
Friday, the top of my tool box at work registered 122*f. Perfect welding weather, not!

Ah.... Another blissful weekend at the cabin.
We actually had a great time. I get them little bastards every time we go though. When its warm out anywhos.

The lack of chiggers is the only positive effect I have seen from the South American fire ant invasion.

Fire ants consume LOTS of "bug eggs", including chigger eggs. Since the fire ants moved in, I seldom encounter chiggers in many places where they used to live. I think I have gotten a "dose of chiggers" only 1 time in the last 0 or 12 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back