Off Topic Snarks are friends, not food!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cripes....

It's colder in Omaha than Thunder Bay.
Canada is invading! Canadian Beckerheads, call off your front!

Modest 3" of snow here in Li'l Rhody, but I finally have to go back to the office this week. :p

It was -12 at 6am, -2 and sunny at 9:30 and +4 at noon. Supposed to hit 16 this afternoon and not drop back below 0 Until Friday night.

16 right now just a dusting of snow. I just had a bowl of soup,and I am going to lay down and rest . Back to work tonight

low tonight is 2
it's currently 5 - supposed to be warmer than now by midnight and 12 by sunrise, on it's way to 28 or so.

Uh oh...one of my little brothers saw my BK72 with the clear resin and green glow stone Dogwood Fire Fly Handles. He said he really liked the knife, I told him how much it cost and told him he wasn't getting it. Well...he said he loved the thickness and blade profile itself, so I told him about the more affordable BK2 and get the BK22 model with nylon sheath. He said "OK." And I think I got him on the Becker Gate Way Knife... Really I'd love to see a 9" BK 2 profile knife myself.

My BK72 has seen decent out side use stuff and is great for large critter cutting/hunting seasons. For the Cost yes 2 more BKs could be gotten...but I got the ones I want already. I wanted it so bad I Put off getting an AR upper for it. And well it works pretty dangly well. So would the BK2 standard one, but in winter rust from evil melted snow can happen a lot.

I always say, backbones have no sense of humor. I woke up an old injury about a month ago. The pain brought my memory into sharp focus. It has finally begun to subside, for now.

Sneezed and threw out my back.
Middle age is not for the weak.
Sounds like Dubz world. I slightly mis-stepped yesterday while antiquing, and hurt my lower back.

A few shots of my drone, and some shots my drone took at the cabin:

Thanks man. We have fun there.

I hope everyone made out ok during that cold stretch. It got so cold here I had to bring the cows into the barn, which they certainly did not complain about. The Jersey still thinks she should be able to come in every night; she is a bit of a princess haha.

53485602741_37bd2818dc.jpg

I hope everyone made out ok during that cold stretch. It got so cold here I had to bring the cows into the barn, which they certainly did not complain about. The Jersey still thinks she should be able to come in every night; she is a bit of a princess haha.

53485602741_37bd2818dc.jpg
Causing us headaches at work. HVAC drained cooling coils so they wouldn't freeze. Now it's 50ยฐ and I have no cooling. So I am having to disable reheat valves and force open outside air dampers to get patient rooms to cool down. ๐Ÿ˜ก

Well, tomorrow my niece's new son-in-law will get (probably) his first Becker knife, Kephart's own BK62. It was one of 2 that I bought when they were released. I gave the handle scales a dose of mineral oil, and I made the once over of the edge as best I could. It's a fine knife, my most used is my own of those two.
I guess I gotta put on a clean shirt and a **gulp** tie.

Well...tire blew out on Saturday. Some how they left 2 of the 4 security lugs on LAST TIME I had the tires changed. Glad I kept the normal lugs SECURED and over the years people tried to throw them out of my car. Local Mechanic Finally got the security lugs off so the doughnut got put on so I can get to work till the new ones come in. Good news I got to my heart meds that night. Towing twice...at least insurance will give me that back. Well at least I was well prepared if I had to do a "Freezing" 36 degree night out! ROLF! Its been a heat wave of late.

Edicus for Updaticus: Got New Tires On. Makes me glad I got more Knives when I could...now I can't for a while. Alignment for Tuesday.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back