Snarktoberfest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright folks, what's next? What do you people wanna do next? Contest? Resurrect the old skills and information threads? What would yuns like to see next?
Been thinking about this one myself. Bumping some of those old, useful threads is never a bad thing, imo.

Also been thinking about buying a one man tent. Go for a bike ride somewhere, and do an overnighter.

I had an old thread way back when where we listed some options, plus we could revisit some of those old threads too.
Bump it, bump it up...

The list we had:

knife choice and usage
fire starting
cordage and knots
shelter building
water purification
navigation/orienteering
fishing/trapping
tracking and hunting
wild edibles
outdoor cooking
urban survival
cold weather survival
hot weather survival

becker's buccaneers - a take on our own sub-sub-forum for pirates :D

Someone from work, who lives way out in the desert, had a visitor over the weekend.
People keep these as pets. :oops:

The list we had:

knife choice and usage
fire starting
cordage and knots
shelter building
water purification
navigation/orienteering
fishing/trapping
tracking and hunting
wild edibles
outdoor cooking
urban survival
cold weather survival
hot weather survival

Good list. Liking the navigation idea - daytime/nighttime skills, map reading, natural navigation. Maybe even nautical skills if anyone has some experience. Lots to cover.

91bravo 91bravo My wife bought me tyvex topo maps of the areas I hike/climb the declination lines are already on the maps. Thin red lines. Makes orientation a breeze while on the move and the tyvex is just about indestructible. I'm not sure if i would use them to call in a Redleg fire mission but they are accurate.

The list we had:

knife choice and usage
fire starting
cordage and knots
shelter building
water purification
navigation/orienteering
fishing/trapping
tracking and hunting
wild edibles
outdoor cooking
urban survival
cold weather survival
hot weather survival

Iโ€™d be most interested in these:
-Cordage and knots
-Water purification
-navigation/orienteering
-Urban survival

I remember we did an urban survival contest once before and it really made me think about about certain situations that I never gave much thought to before. I enjoyed that one.
The other 3 topics I could definitely use some schooling on and would love to see all the info that the members here come up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back