So I bought an Airgraver...(engraving content)

Current project, one side done:D

screenshot_20190713-113152_photos-jpg.1160797

Looking good! are you doing any work for others as It would be nice to have another option for engraving work. Im actually waiting on a code 4 scale to arrive i just had filigree work done on to add some grip and looks.

Current engraving project...one I'm not exactly happy to be doing, but happy to be able to do. Memorial plaque for family, it will be mounted on a boulder by the lake they always fished. 1/8" 304 stainless, 6"x8".

Layout

Screenshot_20190817-024349_Photos.jpg

Progress

Screenshot_20190817-024128_Photos.jpg

Sorry to hear about your loss...beautiful remembrance plaque. WValtakis WValtakis

What material gravers are you using?
Hey Bill, most of this was done with an ongellette I ground from M2 back in the 90's...I really like that chisel;) I've also got some standard V chisels in cobalt and Lindsay's Carbalt I think.

Thanks. I have some cobalt and some hi-speed steel stuff.
No problem:)

Just in case you missed it, the blade was engraved before hardening, I doubt any of these would cut hardened 3v worth a damn and haven't even tried;)

Yes, I realized that. Some knife steels are difficult to engrave even in the annealed state.

Yes, I realized that. Some knife steels are difficult to engrave even in the annealed state.
Gotcha. This 3v actually cuts really nice as long as the chisel is sharp, kinda crumbly in the chip though...a little weird. I definitely had to sharpen more frequently than some other steel though.

Still pondering whether to black out the background or leave the "gold" heat treat oxide...

screenshot_20191006-140901_photos-2-jpg.1208982
screenshot_20191006-141310_photos-jpg.1208983

Back