So where are those HAP 40s at?

Glad you pointed it out because it isn't really M4. But I have high hopes for that extra Cobalt.

Hey Sal, how does the Cobalt in the HAP40 effect the performance.
I've read it intensifies the other attributes and allows working at higher temperatures but that seems vague.

I know vg10 is awesome and has Cobalt, and takafu Cobalt special has even more and is reported to be vg10 on steroids.
Does the Cobalt improve performance over CPM M4?

For those waiting on these, keep your eyes peeled, River's Edge got some of these today, so they are starting to trickle in!

Got mine too! Here it is compared to a Super Blue I took these pics outside, in the shade. I think the color is pretty accurate.

D05AFA8D-F243-48DE-905F-9BCDAD51623F_zps4ajmrl92.jpg

4FF597E2-5EB5-47BA-9EFA-2A1006D5DB7B_zpsq0vyvo0x.jpg

BE1BA67E-12DF-4A97-B082-8E34DF153B67_zpsslvkqbbi.jpg

Whoooo 1st I seee !!! :) Thanks !
It look nice !
Does the clip was polished ?

What would be nice is to see on the same pics, the "old" orange and that burnt orange. :)

Whoooo 1st I seee !!! :) Thanks !
It look nice !
Does the clip was polished ?

What would be nice is to see on the same pics, the "old" orange and that burnt orange. :)

BTG posted that Orange comparison over in the Spyderco forum thread on HAP40.

I was planning to skip the Endura and just get the Delica but I'm starting to wonder if I will regret that. :rolleyes:

I'm planning the same; Delica first.

It'll be my crossing the border, going into offices and schools inoffensive knife.

I will be getting the Stretch 2 and the DF2 when they are released. Too many to purchase at this time. :(

Was there ever clarification if the HAP40 would be offered in a Stretch 2? Or just regular Stretch?

Sal did say that the Seki models will all be getting the HAP40 version. :D /happydance

I was incorrect in assuming that the current version of the Stretch was all Stretch 2. I am not sure which but I am hoping it is the same as the current FRN Stretch.

Last edited:
Was there ever clarification if the HAP40 would be offered in a Stretch 2? Or just regular Stretch?

I'm sure it will be the older stretch. I'm not sure they even have frn molds for the stretch 2 yet.

Edit: I could be completely wrong and hope I am because I much prefer the new stretch design.

I'll need to get the Ladybug version, so I can get the orange FRN for my son's first knife. I had already gotten him the green ZDP version, but he loves orange, so hopefully the HAP40 Ladybug will be out before Christmas and I can exchange it.

Back