So where are those HAP 40s at?

It's not very magical.

The Endura model is made in Japan, and they only use Japanese made steels.

HAP40 is what we would call M4 over here.

So it's just an Endura with an M4 blade instead of VG-10.

I will take that information with a grain of salt....
Could you please elaborate how you come to the conclusion that HAP40 and M4 are the same steels???
Thank you

I will take that information with a grain of salt....
Could you please elaborate how you come to the conclusion that HAP40 and M4 are the same steels???
Thank you

We already discussed this. Read further down the thread. ;)

HAP40 and M4 are not analogs of each other BUT the compositions are very similar and should yield like performance and behavior.

Ya'll know that their Japanese models get Japanese steel and I am always interested in adding variety to that lineup. I like my M4 blades , looking forward to these for sure.

It don't look that the Stretch is planned in HAP40.

Heres to hoping they definitely do!!!
Whether it come in the form of original Stretch, or new revised Stretch 2, we need to see it happen! Other than the Delica, the Stretch would be my most anticipated run of HAP40!
I don't recall, but they may have said the same for Super Blue, but then finally ran it through...? Not sure if it was announced in the original plans? Anyone recall?

I believe I remember Sal saying they planned to do the whole frn line in hap40 like they did with superblue.

Does anyone know if there will be models with full HAP40 or will they all be clad?

I've never read nor heard mention of one unfortunately... although we can always hope!
Maybe Moki (assuming they'd be the ones to work with full unlaminated HAP40 like they did SB) could do some more of their models and bring back some highly missed Sprints! Oh man, don't get me started... Calys, JD Smith, Breeden, Lobster, whoooooooooooweee

From the other forum on a HAP40 solid or clad thread...

"The plan is to run the entire family; Endura-Stretch-Delica-Dragonfly-Ladybug-Manbug. Color has been approved. Steel has been tested and approved. Added to schedule, and now we wait for them to be produced. 1200 pcs each."

sal

I wonder if we'll see the "new" Stretch FRN debut? W&W in Canada is listing them in store between October 21-23.

I got mine love the color and I am not normally an orange fan but it's not so bright,I wish they would do this with the other colors as well tone them down a little....hey the hap40 cuts nice,touches up easily the cladding scratches easily so if your picky about scratches used standard dishrag,used a non scratching pad and still got super light scratches
Do not hesitate to get one totally nice knife all the way around.

I'm gonna be all over a Stretch when it's released. I love all the others but there is just something about a well worn Stretch with a pretty patina that gets me going every time.

HAP40 and S110V
b46ShmJ.jpg

I still don't see anyone offering hap40 enduras for sale. Did they all sell out with preorders?

Back