Recommendation? So you've Got $1500 to Spend - Which Folder and Why?

Didn’t even know they did those, the 2021 version looks awesome.

mx9kwis.jpg
Take a look at some of the older designs, they are really neat

I love my Thorburn. The most basic versions are well under your price, while some with damasteel are likely a little over. They are pretty readily available.

$1500 for a hand tool? Even if I had that kind of disposable income, I couldn't bring myself to be that frivolous.

If I couldn't add to the amount, I would do my damnedest to get one of the following customs
Brad Southard Flippin Tanto
Peter Carey Tory
Tom Krein Alpha

Lefty of course

Last edited:
I would probably get either a Mnandi with a Damascus blade or perhaps an Impinda from CRK. I have trouble getting use to the idea of carrying my current EDC which is a Mnandi with S35v steel. There is no way I could carry a $1500 knife around!

Rockstead , probably Shun .............. just to look and admire that crazy convex :eek:

If I had $1500 to spend on a knife? I think about this every night while I’m falling asleep.

I’d go with a Medford Praetorian Genesis Ti because I have a thing for overbuilt knives. Or I’d go full custom because I’d like something totally unique.

Last edited:
Custom gigantic butterfly/balisong bush machete / sword . :cool: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

3V blade and critical parts . ~40" open OAL

Back