SOG sheath

Right now the new nylon sheaths will be available for the SEAL Pup, SEAL Pup Elite, NW Ranger, and SEAL Knife 2000. There may be more options in teh future but that is it for the first round.

Also this is for everyone reading this thread. I have passed it along to Spencer and he is aware of the comments in here and we are working on solutions the problems pointed out. Thanks for everyones feedback and please let us know when something does not work for you, as this helps us design better products.

Chris

If one was so inclined, could some of you knowledgeable folks provide some information on makers of custom leather sheaths that have designs already for such blades as the Tigershark and other larger SOG products????? For the time being, I will ignore cost. Something easy.... email or call up, mention SOG model, exchange money, and have leather belt sheath in a month?

22-rimfire said:
If one was so inclined, could some of you knowledgeable folks provide some information on makers of custom leather sheaths that have designs already for such blades as the Tigershark and other larger SOG products????? For the time being, I will ignore cost. Something easy.... email or call up, mention SOG model, exchange money, and have leather belt sheath in a month?
Trace that bad boy out on a thick piece of cardboard and send it to armorall leather. com
He'll slap you out a nice one.

Thanks for the info. I know there are supposed to be all these custom sheath makers on these forums, but I have not seen many. Kydex, yes.

I have about 7 sog knives, including a seal pup, seal pup elte, and tech bowie. I think that those kydex sheaths stick out way too far from where they attach to your belt for any type of comfortable carry. Also I don't like when the sheath makes marks on the blade, i fear that over time it will mess up the finish.

I own only one SOG knife and it's the AirSOG folder. The little nylon pouch bought the farm ages ago... but that was normal wear and tear. I've seen the SEAL Pup and it's sheath did seem kinda cheap... considering the fact that the knife itself seemed well-made and solid.
The way SOG could correct this is really simple... make better sheathes. More quality control, pay closer attention to the over-all package... not just the knife and "something to put it in."
Like that Nike ad says... "Just Do It." If they know that certain models have sheath issues, redesign the sheath. Pretty simple.
I think SOG is a good company, as are most knife manufacturers. However, there's this corporate mentality that dictates that folks need to sit around and debate and deligate and... How about just fix the problem now? One complaint is not a huge problem... multiple complaints about the same model... Hey, guys... get it done.

thats the point i and several other forum members have been trying to get across for some time now , mate.

Hey Guys...

.22rimfire..

"Thanks for the info. I know there are supposed to be all these custom sheath makers on these forums, but I have not seen many. Kydex, yes."

I'm here...

Feel free to drop me a note if you have any questions..

ttyle

Eric....

"Thats the point I and several other forum members have been trying to get across for some time now , mate."

And you'd think by now they'd listen.

Can someone if it's not to much trouble get me a couple pictures front and back of the the seal pup kydex sheath? I can get some small pictures of the front but none of the back. I'd kinda like to know what the attatchment options look like before hand

the attachment options are shite , just like the rest of the kydex sheath.

yeah , rod , you`d reckon they would be listening , but they aren`t.

What does it cost to make a high quality sheath, $30-$70 depending on materials and or features?

I'm sure SOG could get higher end sheaths for their Blades but you'd also see it reflected in the cost of the knife. I personally like the prices their able to offer and if i want to upgrade the sheath then it's my choice. Where this mentality that the sheath has to be the highest quality for the same price is beyond me. You look at half the high end production knife manufacturers out there and they don't even include a sheath.

Cheers!

Hey Guys...

Like I've said earlier in the thread..

The problem with sheaths is that not everyone will like whatever sheath is made,, so the company makes a sheath that is serviceable to the majority of it's users...

Sheaths are a funny thing,, what one person loves, the next person hates...

Put yourself in the shoes of SOG for a minute and try to imagine the difficulty coming up with a sheath that works for everyone, and that most will be satisfied with...

You guys have the best sheath makers in the world at your fingertips, take advantage of it,, and contact someone, and get Exactly what you want, not what you wish someone would make..
Theres alot of us skilled sheathmaker out there, contact us,, thats why we are here..

ttyle

Eric...

Back