SOG's DOGs, the DOG-HOUSE. Come on in. We won't bite!

Not sure if this is still ongoing but I would like to join up. SOGgies that I have:
1) Forge FG01L
2) Fusion Tactical Tomahawk F01T
3) Jungle Warrior F14N
4) Tigershark Elite TE01N

Except for #1 (which is a beaut), the rest are for use and have enjoyed using them very much. The tomahawk serves well as a log chopper and a thrower. The jungle warrior is underrated, in my opinion, and did surprisingly well as a light machete. The tigershark performs capably as a utility / defensive knife. Nary a complain about the blades. The only problem I have with SOG is that uniformly, their sheaths are not great. They could do with more attachment points and the straps are either in the way or not secure enough.

Sorry, forgot to ask about the choice of number. Could I have #108?

Sorry, #108 is already taken.

If you would prefer another, and its not taken, just let me know.

The SOG DOGs roster is stickied at the top of the forum.

Alan

SOG DOG #2

Thx so I need opinion on this sog flash 2 vs aegis I'm buying soon

Both are decent for the money and both are fairly popular.

Flash2 is slimmer, both handle and blade, and very light weight. All three things being why folks like it.
Aegis is a bit "beefier". Broader blade. Still a fairly tidy package and not very heavy.
Both make excellent EDCs.

Hey, I'll join your little SOG knife hoot'n'nannie.

I have a SOG Flash II ... with a story...

Was given it in about yr. 2004.

I've carried it EDc ... everyday. Was deer hunting in the NE Niabrara canyons one year and lost it.

TWO YEARS later, I'm hunting with the same fellows on the same land, and when we all assembled back at camp one evening, one guy was cutting some jerky with MY Knife! It was dirty, but all there! He said he found it on a game trial on a canyon ridge.

Fast forward to last summer. My son called and said he had a flat tire about 5 miles out of town near KC. His spare was never used and now flat too.

I drove there to the rest stop he was at, fixed his tire with a plug, and used my trusty Flash II to trim the plug. AND THEN LEFT it on a picnic table at the rest stop.

He continued on to KC and I returned to Omaha. When I realized I had lost it, I thought it was gone forever. I text'd my son and asked if he had perhaps picked it up before he left. Nope...

BUT on the way back to Omaha later that night, he did a u-turn on I-80, went to the rest area we were working on his tire ..AND THERE IT WAS ... still sitting on the picnic table.

It is just meant to be mine!

Mike T.
Omaha, NE USA

---+---

Thx alan I'm going for flash

You should like it, lots of folks do. Even some pretty serious knife guys carry one due to its light weight and compact design.

Ok last question flash tiger blur or digi camo

Strictly personal taste.
I have one of the with the older style camo handles and like. Digi camo has never appealed to me much.

Should be easy to find the blue if you drop it. ;)

Alan
SOG DOG #2

I would like to join! I have had an Aegis in my pocket every day since I received it. love the thing! is number 111 still available?

Last edited:
I currently only have a Flash II and it's at warranty service now. But i'm sure more will follow since i'm overall very satisfied with quality and pleasant contact with customer service.
Anyway i want in :)

Back