SOG's DOGs, the DOG-HOUSE. Come on in. We won't bite!

Posted this in the picture thread, but might as well post it here again! :D

The EDC folders my 2 friends and I carry. Mine is the Aegis.

IMG_2024-2.jpg

IMG_2026-2.jpg

IMG_2031-2.jpg

I'm In !!

If I may, #74 works for me .....

Here's a pic of a rare SOG, the X-42 Recondo .....

SOG_X-42_Recondo_1.jpg

Here's some background info on this knife, rather unique with it's use of BG-42 steel typically used to make ball bearings. I have a Recondo but do not have the tools or technology to get it razor sharp. The steel is so hard it just laughs at me every time I try for the razor edge. It does get plenty sharp, but razor sharp still eludes me.
http://zknives.com/knives/fixed/prod/sogx42.shtml

Cheers,

Carl

Last edited:
Wow! A recondo! Those ARE rare!

New Pig Hunter, you are hereby issued your official SOG DOG #74! Wear it with pride! Welcome to SOG's DOGS! Thank you for the pic & the background on the knife, that's cool!

*62-64 RC? Yikes! Good-luck with that! Wow that's hard!

B2D

SOG DOG 1

Last edited:
I thoguht this had potential as a project & can bring the SOG's DOGs closer together. Let's try to think up good, sensible SOG Equipment & gear combo's--ones which can be carried for a
number of things--real multi-taskers! Such as the combo I wrote about in this post. I thought this could be fun, so I posted it here too. :) Anyone got any ideas yet? Please share. Here's
another combo I came up with...

SOG Seal Pup Elite
SOG Multi-tool
SOG Seal Revolver
SOG polisher/sharpener/ferro..thingy..
Miscellanous goodies
I thought this one would be a pretty comprehensive outdoors-e one :D

No matter about..the witch..that just leaves me more time to work on SOG's DOGs. It happens, plain n' simple. Not all people are trust-worthy. Sad fact. ANYWAY -- I'm gonna
start saving up money (Remember my first post here? Help me pick out SOG knives?), to replace what I had lost (lost the money I had--you all know how), n' so I gotta decide what I want & what to get.. Lots of goodies to pick from.. Sucks starting from scratch again.. Darn it!

I want to create an all-purpose, do-it-all 'set'. Large-bowie, small fixed-blade, folding-knife,
multi-tool. Might even get one of those interesting sharpener/polisher/ferro-rod things SOG is making. I was thinking that I might go with:

Super SOG Bowie
Seal Pup Elite or Ops
Large Trident (Folder)
Powerlock
Sog sharpener/polisher/ferro...thingy

Any suggestions on that?

(Doubt I have a chance of scrounging up THAT much dough-though..) But I DO LOVE that Super Bowie..:( they are just so darned expensive though..ah well..I can dream can't I :D?
If I could get a Super SOG Bowie, I'd hand-craft it a kydex sheath with added slots for the Ops or Pup, along with a slot for a ferro-rod (leather-stacked handle too) & the multitool.
Done it before. Oh..that'd be great! I can even fix them to be worn cross-drawn. OH! That would be incredible! A Super SOG Bowie in kydex, with added mounts n' goodies, now THAT'S a KNIFE! I bet I could even add a spot for the trident.

Only problem is..all I got so far is..um..let's see..20 bucks.. :( Darn my soft-heart! Darn it to heck! LOL! If nothing else, this does bring me back to my old self, & takes my mind off the hurt. Don't know why. Hmmm..yes! I'm gonna save me up some dough n' make myself a good set. Gonna take a LO-O-ON-GG time though..but it'll be worth it--I know it will. I'll do-od it! Yep yep yep!

I'd really like to see a SOG Super Bowie with a handle like that on the Tech-Bowie. I wonder if the Super SOG Bowie's handle could simply be replaced or exchanged? Hmmm...

If anyone has any sheath-addition ideas, plz share! I can work with kydex pretty well, but I do tend to get burned..LoL..

Oh, um..thank you..Sog's Dogs..for being there..it really helps. And, thank you nutz about knives, that was funny & made me laugh, which is something I can really use right now.

Oh, don't forget SOG's DOGs my email is coldharted@ymail.com, you can also contact me on the yahoo-messenger. SOG's DOGs are invited to send friend-requests (but you must provide your tag #).

B2D..

Darkwhispers..

SOG DOG 1..

Ruff-Ruff..

Last edited:
Tried to make us a symbol, but it didn't turn out as well as I'd like. I'm gonna have to leave this to a real artist--I suck. :D. LoL!. I was envisioning a tough-looking dog like a big ol' rottweiler with a spiked collar that read's, "SOG's DOG's", on a tag. Mean doggy!

Hmmm..we need more members. We need to show our support & love of SOG gear! What can we do? Hmmm.. Hmmm.. I do wonder.. I gots an idea! I just gotta borrow my buddies digital camera, get a SOG Knife & multi-tool n' show people what you can really do with them! That'll be fun, actually! Yeah.. Crap! Which ones though..hmmm..I guess I should go with the less expensive since I'll be doing some tough-stuff. Maybe a Seal Pup..that's little,
& if I can do BIG things with it, that'll be more impressive.. Yeah..I could show how well a SOG knife or tool can handle every-day chores as well as the more rigorous survival & emergency stuff.

That'll be fun, infact! Anyone want in? I can't do it all :D

I was thinking pictures OR video.

Cutting tests:Factory edge (if possible)

Various ropes & cords
Tile
Carpet
Wood
Shavings
Aluminum
Cardboard
Chip bags (I'll take this one :D Mmmm!)
Wire
Electrical wire (not electrified--of course)
Paper (We all do it)

--

Survival:

Cleaning a fish/small game (Not doing it)
Light battoning/wedge-technique
Carving a wooden spoon/knife/fork (Yes, I CAN make a wooden-knife that CAN cut...)
Beaver-chew method
Making snare-parts
Builder a shelter
Setting up a snare made with
Cracking a nut
Starting a fire
Cutting roots/vines
Etc..

Emergency:

Cutting a safety-belt
Breaking glass (I'll do this, it's dangerous)
Cutting through sheet aluminum

Anyone whom wants to help, please say so. This should prove fun & interesting anyway.
I wanna see what you all can do with your SOG gear, n' I wanna see what mine can do too.

B2D..

Darkwhispers..

SOG DOG 1..

Last edited:
Hello all.

If #100 is available I'd like to jump on it!
My first SOG was a Vulcan and up until about 2 monthss ago was my favorite knife.....that is until it walked away :mad:

I've a SOG SCUBA Demo, soon to have just one Recon Bowie, a Seal Pup, all Seki City. I live in Santa Monica though. I'd like number 36 if it is available. Thank you.

5409926862_1cbcb3d5fe_z_d.jpg

Saw the number was assigned and adapted.

Last edited:
HSG I hereby issue you yourr official SOG DOG's tag number 100! Welcome to the SOG's DOGs, wear your number with pride!

Stsparky I hereby issue you your official SOG DOG's tag number 36! Welcome to the SOG's
DOGs, wear your number with pride!

Welcome to the SOG's Dogs!

B2D..

Darkwhispers..

SOG DOG 1..

SFNC..

Requesting a number. #22 if available. I have 1 SOG knife. It is a neck knife, I'll Put a picture up here soon. I actually have 2 sog's, there's that neck knife but I also have a PE 18 folder I'd forgotten about. One of the internal springs is broken, It's around here somewhere I set it aside about 3 years ago.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
Oregon Fal'er--You are hereby issued your official SOG's DOG tag #22! Wear your tag with pride! Welcome to the Sog's Dogs! Welcome to the DOG-HOUSE!

B2D..

Darkwhispers..

SOG DOG 1..

SFNC..

bored2deth
Current members list!

Alann45--You are designated as SOG DOG 2!

Nutz_about_knives--You are designated as SOG DOG 3!

Str8shtr--You are designated as SOG DOG 4!

A.P.F.--You are designated as SOG DOG 5!

Wildmanh--You are designated as SOG DOG 6!

Subterfuge7--You are designated as SOG DOG 7!

HybridBanana--You are designated as SOG DOG 8!

RobbieRoberson--You are designated as SOG DOG 14!

Yabow--You are designated as SOG DOG 17!

Mossyhorn--You are designated as SOG DOG 34! (Thanks 4 posting a pic--good-looking knife!)

Ugly Duck--you are hereby issued SOG DOG tag #15!

Sasquatch1--you are hereby issued your SOG DOG tag #16! Wear it with pride! Welcome to the SOG-DOG's!

Ktomes_340--you are hereby issued your SOG DOG tag # 18! Wear it with pride! Welcome to SOG's DOGs!

New Pig Hunter--you are hereby issued your official SOG DOG #74!

HSG--you are hereby issued your official SOG DOG 100!

OREGON FAL'ER--you are hereby issued #22

Current. up to date members list--(If I missed anyone please let me know.)

Total-members:17!

Striderco--You are hereby officially issued your SOG's DOGs tag #69!! Wear it with pride!
Welcome to SOG's DOGs! Welcome to the DOG-HOUSE!!

B2D..
SOG DOG 1..
Darkwhispers..
SFNC..

Welcome to the DOG-House..

RUFF RUFF..

Please, let me in...it doesn matter which number..
I have Vulcan, 2x FlashII, Trident Tanto
Underestimating of SOG makes me sad...I really love this knives

Posted this in the picture thread, but might as well post it here again! :D

The EDC folders my 2 friends and I carry. Mine is the Aegis.

IMG_2024-2.jpg

Dang! I just can't get over how good that all black Aegis looks! I like it better than my Digi-Camo.

I'd like to join also. I have 2 scuba demo's, a recon bowie, a bunch of other folders and fixed blades. SOG was the first brand I started collecting. Mostly the stuff that was made in seki, japan. Thanks, Pete G.. If possible, #9, 19,or 27. Kids bdays

Last edited:
Back