Someone must have hit the Snark button on their alarm glock!

Status
Not open for further replies.
All food is psychological, especially when it comes to animal/fish/fowl/sundry living creature flesh. I love lobster - but seriously, they're giant, ocean-going arthropods. They have exoskeletons - like insects. Clams? Love 'em....but try to explain eating a whole steamer to someone who can't wrap their head around eating a mollusk's stomach. I tried sweetbreads once when I was a kid - what I remember was they tasted good, but after the second bite and I asked what were sweetbreads really and was told the answer (calf's brains) that was the end of it. The only thing I sneak into food without telling people is vegetable stuff. Pumpkin bread made with tofu, chopped up broccoli stems in the curry...that sort of stuff. This summer my neighbor made an "apple" crisp - that was so good and was so much like apple crisp that even though they told me it wasn't apples, I could not guess what it was - it zucchini. Anyway, I still will NOT be eating monkey anytime soon.

Yeah, I don't eat no sea bugs (crustaceans) anymore. Also, the protein in them that most allergics react to is one shared with the terrestrial cockroach (which allergics also react to).

Seeing as how I trust the medical advice I acquire here, anyone have a diagnosis for the blood that just trickled out of my ear?

Seeing as how I trust the medical advice I acquire here, anyone have a diagnosis for the blood that just trickled out of my ear?

Leprechauns. Put green food coloring in your beer.

Seriously, I'd get that looked at.

Leprechauns. Put green food coloring in your beer.

Seriously, I'd get that looked at.

I will bleed to death from an ear wound before I give in to the disgusting novelty that is green beer.

Yeah, I'll probably call the doc tomorrow.

Is it still trickling or was it just a bit and stopped? I would ask if you drank too much and fell over but there isn't enough beer in Indiana to make you that tipsy.

I hear stories of insects/arachnids making their homes in ears, but I doubt that'd make you bleed. Could just be a rupture, best to get it looked at for sure. Blood coming from any orifice is generally not a good thing.

b9819b676c8ffb6d072ed73941ebd3e7.jpg

81a7534568a792bdf1fc6a724a3f3a24.jpg

I did three normalizing cycles and hardened a blade in one burn tonight, my poor little MAPP canister had a nice later of frost on it. I noticed a funky smell off the paint can forge too, think it's time to recoat with some satanite.

I will bleed to death from an ear wound before I give in to the disgusting novelty that is green beer.

Yeah, I'll probably call the doc tomorrow.

Damn the man and his horrid green beer, stick to your guns! And get to a doctor while you're sticking to them :)

Murph,

probably an ear infection, possibly a damaged ear drum, also possibly just a flesh wound depending on how deep in the blood is coming from, and if you have taken a shot to the side of the head or a fall on that side recently.
I am not a doctor though and am with Guyon in the get that looked at opinion.

I got a GSO ditto. I feel so honored.

I don't ditto casually... You're welcome... :D

So, everyone ate some, though theirs looked nothing like mine:

(snip to save space)

The only thing missing was actual beef (fried, sliced tofu instead - though the broth was a bone broth my wife made weeks ago) and some nước mắm pha. Still damned tasty for being made by white guy chef, if I do say so myself....said I. It was just funny 'cause I had the broth going on the stove and started catching up on snark from the last coupla days.....and there were all these phở pictures.....which is why I like to hang out on these interwebs.

I've been making my broth in the crock pot with ox tails and the onions, spices, etc, cooked all day while at work. Then add thinly sliced raw ribeye from the Korean grocery (along with the bean sprouts, cilantro, etc) into each bowl as it's served so the meat gently poaches in the broth...yum!

There's a Portuguese version of that called chouriço...but better than both, IMO, is linguiça. Now I am wanting to eat again and I have to go to bed. The feijoada will have to wait for another day.

I believe linguiça is what Hawaiians call "Portuguese sausage" which we discovered when I was stationed there. Definitely one of the best sausages out there...even when served at McDonalds on the breakfast platter (eggs, Portuguese sausage, and rice [instead of 'taters']). Is it lunch/dinner/snack time yet?

Murph, are you sure Khan didn't put one of those space roaches in your ear like he did to Chekhov in that Star Trek movie? Do you feel the urge to kill Captain Kirk?

OK, seriously - blood trickling out of my ear is no laughing matter. As a doctor friend of mine said to another friend who was describing some odd symptoms she was having, "you should really be seen. If I were your husband/wife/child, I'd want you to be seen." It turned out to be VERY sage advice. GO TO THE DOCTOR. For the sake of your daughter.

Got an appointment for tomorrow afternoon to see the Doc. Thanks for the concern guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back