Something to bug Uncle about when he gets back

It would be hard not to notice that the humble little 12" Ang Khola has attracted quite a loyal following amongst folks who use khuks frequently to deal with everyday chores. How many of y'all would be interested in signing up for a special production run of the following; not a new and improved model, not a modification, but an HI Villager 12" AK. Yup, wood handle, steel mounts, no "magic stone" finish, and Kami's initials in Devangari. I'd even go so far as to wish the scabbard could be brown instead of the usual black, and chapeless to boot. If I've lost my mind just tell me, I usually find it again whenever I clean under the cushions in the couch.:rolleyes: :D

Sarge

HECK YEAH!!

I'm in.
yes.gif

A 12" villager model - probably go for about $30-40. I'm not sure if Uncle will think it's worth the shipping and hassle, but from our end and at that price, it's definitely worth bugging him about.

But somebody else will have to do the bugging besides me - I've done way too much already. I think I have Uncle tied in a knot. :(

Sarge, you're the man, man. :D Count me in on this one. Maybe for two.

Ben

A 12" villager model - probably go for about $30-40. I'm not sure if Uncle will think it's worth the shipping and hassle,

Hmmmm, like Biltons, you could pack a whole bunch of 'em in a box, so I'm thinking Uncle would actually come out on the good side in the shipping expenses. However, I'll certainly defer to Uncle Bill's judgement as to whether or not this little "project" would be economically feasible, and at what price the 12" Villager AKs would sell for.

As for bugging him, I'll be more than happy to do that, but not until he has safely returned from his trip, and, had at least one full day to rest and recover.:D

Sarge

edited to add: Dadgum, I just did a quick tally and, counting the two I'd order, we're already well over a half dozen quick as lightning. This little khukuri could be something big.;)

No munny. However, should I be sucessful in some dumpster diving, I might be in. :) I think I saw an old beer can on the road this morning.

Count us in for 2.signing in Devangari will be great. I wish they still did that on all of them, but I understand there was some confusion.

Holy Cow! Wasn't expecting this enthusiastic of a response. The initial order could easily top two dozen once everybody's had a chance to weigh in.

All this because I pay attention to folk's comments, like;

- A lot of folks love the little 12" AK

- More than a couple have wished out loud that they came with wood handles

- Such a khuk would obviously be a user, not a wall hanger, so foregoing stuff like shiny brass and mirror polished blade would be desirable. Steel mounts and satin finished blade would hold up better under hard use.

- Initials in Devangari are just plain cool

- Lots of folks remove the chapes from scabbards of khuks they actually wear on their belt for extended periods. A scabbard made intentionally without a chape would save the sarki time and expense.

So my friends, this little proposal for a special production run of 12" Villagers is not at all my idea, it's a culmination of yours.;) :D

Sarge

Just to make sure I understand what I found after searching forum here.

Chape: metal tip on scabbard? I kept thinking in posts that people were misspelling shape. :)

Back