Song Sung BLUE: Blue-handled Traditional Knives

Thanks Driften. Yes, repeated coverings of black leather dye. Wiped away after just a few seconds until it was darkened to the degree I wanted. Then a 2 hour tea soak. I think it is a vast improvement on the original shade...

(which closely resembled this pic I borrowed from the web).

Last edited:
Thanks Driften. Yes, repeated coverings of black leather dye. Wiped away after just a few seconds until it was darkened to the degree I wanted. Then a 2 hour tea soak. I think it is a vast improvement on the original shade...

I think it made a big improvement! It added the needed depth and contrast to the color. Good Job

(which closely resembled this pic I borrowed from the web).

Absolutely gorgeous shade of blue my friend!

That came out great James. I really like the single blade Case Sowbelly's and you added a very nice personal flavor. :thumbup:

Thanks guys! Sometimes I can't leave well enough alone (like many of you). I find it especially fun when a modification is an actual improvement. :) Case sowbellys are awesome knives so I just had to try making this one better. I like the richer color and I'm pleased you all like it too.

Hey Guys...

Got a new knife in the mail today, funny coincidence I come across this thread on the same morning... Made a video and took some pics.

[video=youtube;nlEG6WZ__vw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlEG6WZ__vw[/video]

View attachment 653586

NTKcfYP.jpg

FlnYIUy.jpg

4s2BIdV.jpg

qyIZZ2w.jpg

KTPuUa5.jpg

Thanks for checking my knives out!

Case Sowbelly in Modified Pacific Blue

Whoa yeah. think I just saw my next knife. Ive got the royal blue rit dye sitting under the sink. Would it be possible to start a detailed thread on your dyeing technique-perhaps in the maintainance sub forum?
It is deffo a vast improvement.

Whoa yeah. think I just saw my next knife. Ive got the royal blue rit dye sitting under the sink. Would it be possible to start a detailed thread on your dyeing technique-perhaps in the maintainance sub forum?
It is deffo a vast improvement.
meako, post #243 is what I did but if you send me your email I'll be happy to give you more details.

Last edited:
This is one I just came across. A SFO for a dealer in Ky. I have fallen in love with it. I still don't understand Canal street closing. This is a very well made knife. I came across this thread yesterday, and drooled all over my key board. Some very nice knives here.
Harold

Attachments

• HPIM2027.jpg
    HPIM2027.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 27
  • HPIM2026.jpg
    HPIM2026.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 22
S3ohy3s.jpg

Forgive the old picture but I don't think I've posted in this topic before. One of my favorite stockman.

First time I noticed this thread. I had more blue than I realized. A couple aren't called blue, but they look blue to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Here is my latest Blue! Its a Case Select Mediterranean Blue Peanut.... and its all Sarah's fault in praising that case color..... She was right! I really love the blue on this knife. it came our really nice. I also like how the select does not have polished blades. The pull is a little heaver then I like. More then my mini copperhead and about the same as my saw back gent. In any case it really was worth picking this one up.

BluePeanut.jpg

Back