Song Sung BLUE: Blue-handled Traditional Knives

~P.

nice Patch

38E66C37-F912-4C63-BC96-A517E3E4EC95_zps8tlrzeom.jpg

~P.

nice Patch

S'anks! :D

Once again, beautiful blues from Case. :thumbup:

Those have to be Tiny Trappers there at the bottom, yes? Or one, with a Mini to the right foreshortened by perspective? Otherwise, the others are officially The Biggest Case Knives I've Ever Seen.

~ P.

S'anks! :D

Once again, beautiful blues from Case. :thumbup:

Those have to be Tiny Trappers there at the bottom, yes? Or one, with a Mini to the right foreshortened by perspective? Otherwise, the others are officially The Biggest Case Knives I've Ever Seen.

~ P.

~P.
They are Tiny Trappers.

I originally bought 3 at BLADE show about 6-7years ago. One for me, my dad & grandfather for Fathers day, I lost mine some how. I ordered a replacement over the weekend to make the set "whole" again. I wish the other 2 were still in possession of their rightful owners.

On a positive note, that has to be my favorite combo(blue & red shield)

That's a whole lotta blue Sarah!! The patch knife must be treating you well (seems the Patriot is taking quite a break lol)

It's not just a color...

qD6PKUk.jpg

... but a way of life.

~ P.

Hi P! It's been a while, hope you are well. I was scrolling down, and saw "It's not just a color..." and I immediately thought, without further scrolling, "it's a way of life!" Close enough, right?! Looks like a Recluse - very nice.

So here is a switch on blue covers. Does this count? One of my obsessions. Blue Mammoth. Just a few that I currently own.

Mark side:

mdpYOOU.jpg

Pile side:

Lw7FVRd.jpg

It's [just] a Timex Weekender, gray face with blue nylon strap.

Timex-Unisex-T2N891-Weekender-Slip-Thru-Blue-Nylon-Strap-Watch-47fdf377-9726-4c13-8eca-54e88a135087_600.jpg~original

I beat the heckamus out of my watches, so it suits me really well on several levels. :cool:

~ P.

I like the Weekender, but it doesn't have a date...and I can never remember the date. Though, sitting around on the weekend whittling with your pocket knife shouldn't require knowing what the date is, should it?

Last edited:
Here are a few more blue knives. First up is a T.A. Davison in Blue Silver Twill.

nC03caZ.jpg

And then various shade of blue camel bone. A couple of these have moved onto new homes.

sAPHMzn.jpg

CrowCounty - beautiful knives, and excellent photos. I like the contrast between the knives and the wooden boards.

mdpYOOU.jpg

nC03caZ.jpg

My Ranchero with blue mammoth tooth:

kY6nj3d.jpg

Used the leftovers for spacers on this one (Tapadero) with stag.

8zmqMKv.jpg

Thanks, all, for your blues. I love seeing this thread 'live'. :)

I began the proceeds with this post:
I'll start with these two, a GEC #33 Whittler and a #9 Esquire:

IMG_1001.jpg~original

Amazingly, this pair of knives share the same handle material-- the layered pericrylic is cut laterally (with the layers) on the #33...

IMG_1010.jpg~original

... and against the layers on the #9.

IMG_1011.jpg~original

The material on each sparkles in the right light, the wide-cut pieces on the #33 more than the thinner-banded #9 covers (the latter is much harder to capture):

IMG_1044.jpg~original

IMG_8485_zpsa86dbb6a.jpg~original

IMG_8433.jpg~original

And now?

Ta da!:

IMG_3279.jpg~original

The exact same pattern (GEC #09 Esquire), the exact 'same' cover material, simply cut and oriented a different way.

I'm thrilled to have these two together:
IMG_3281.jpg~original

IMG_3282.jpg~original

IMG_3285.jpg~original

I'm really enjoying the creamy-cloud depths of the faded denim acrylic in its swath of wider lightness:
IMG_3294.jpg~original

... Wait, I actually now have three Esquires:
IMG_3326.jpg~original

Content.png~original

~ P.

Hi P! It's been a while, hope you are well. I was scrolling down, and saw "It's not just a color..." and I immediately thought, without further scrolling, "it's a way of life!" Close enough, right?! Looks like a Recluse - very nice.

You nailed it, better than I (I actually misquoted myself! :eek:) And, you were close on the fixed blade-- it's a Fiddleback Forge Patch, the same proportions as the Recluse but one order of size smaller.

So here is a switch on blue covers. Does this count? One of my obsessions. Blue Mammoth.

UHM. Absolutely! What beauties. Thanks for sharing them here, as well as the others. :thumbup:

I've go the Blues too...

Holy smokes, that's fine. (Which Fiddleback pattern is that, and what wood type? Thx.)

My Ranchero with blue mammoth tooth:

kY6nj3d.jpg

Used the leftovers for spacers on this one (Tapadero) with stag.

8zmqMKv.jpg

Holy Smokes, redux. :eek: Thanks for the images! (I always appreciate seeing your work, including your leather.) I especially love how the blue *pops* on the second knife.

~ P.

Last edited:
That's a whole lotta blue Sarah!! The patch knife must be treating you well (seems the Patriot is taking quite a break lol)

Well, y'know. ;)

First of all, I don't think anyone looking for a small, pocketable fixed blade can go wrong with an LTWK (LT Wright Knives) Patriot, and mine still comes along many a day. Its proportions just work, and from what I can tell LTWK keeps the knife in relatively regular production with a variety of handle materials and grinds. I am grateful when I can share and recommend a knife to others with reasonable expectation that they will find one they like for themselves.

In reference to your smiling comment above, however, I'll note that the Fiddleback Forge Patch Knife is built on an entirely different order of size, girth, and presence than the Patriot:
IMG_3308%201.jpg~original

So, while I am unabashedly smitten with my Patch knife and the blue of the Shadetree CC burlap that clothes it, it won't displace the Patriot.

... But, uhm, with the advent of the Fiddleback Forge Esquire in the middle, all bets are off:
IMG_0323.jpg~original

:eek:

bliss.gif~original

~ P.

P.
That's a Bushcraft Jr with maple handles. OAL 7.5 inches, I like the belly of this blade. I do like the pointy blade of the esquire and it's a great edc size. The BCJ is about my limit for edc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back