Off Topic Springtime is lovely for a stroll in the snark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday projects.
Finishing up my hammering practice turning a piece of 3/4" square stock into a 1.5" cube.
IMG_20210919_134743934~2.jpg
Also made pair of plank chairs I started in between heats. Rough sawn 5/4 x 14 red oak. Cut, shaped, then planed and sanded before giving them a coat of danish oil.
I'll post a pic of them later today.

red oak plank chairs oiled resized.jpg

Last edited:
Yesterday projects.
Finishing up my hammering practice turning a piece of 3/4" square stock into a 1.5" cube.
View attachment 1643845
Also made pair of plank chairs I started in between heats. Rough sawn 5/4 x 14 red oak. Cut, shaped, then planed and sanded before giving them a coat of danish oil.
I'll post a pic of them later today.

View attachment 1644212
A few of those plank chairs would look really cool around the corn hole boards and horse shoe pits. Nice vik

Took off work a bit early this afternoon, went to the DMV, and got new plates for me Jeep. Be fun to take the old girl out again.

Need to put some etchant on my 18, so I can use it. I get lazy sometimes. Such an easy thing to do too.

Supposed to get down to 44ยฐ here tonight. Love this kind of weather.

Karma is real. The head engineer where I work. My bosses boss is retiring and moving to Florida of course. Anywho. He cleaned out his shop and brought me some gifts. Amongst the ridgid pipe wrenches, 12R die heads, bolt cutters, and B tank regulators he hands me this old bayonet. I know your a knife nut i thought you'd like this old thing that's been in a box for years. It's a O.L. 1943 uncut 16 inch M1905 I almost couldn't contain myself. It's gotta be a repop. I snatched off the scales (which still had cosmoline under them) wiped the tang a bit and sure enough O.L. Stamped into the tang under the scales. The real deal. War time production 16 inch M1905. Now I'm on a mission to find an original M3 scabbard.
Uncut 1943 OL
Uncut 1943 OL

What a nice guy! That ought to skewer quite nicely, if'n a body were a mind too.
~~
"Mellish, give me your bayonet.", Capt. Miller.
9Wmfjn4.jpg

Karma is real. The head engineer where I work. My bosses boss is retiring and moving to Florida of course. Anywho. He cleaned out his shop and brought me some gifts. Amongst the ridgid pipe wrenches, 12R die heads, bolt cutters, and B tank regulators he hands me this old bayonet. I know your a knife nut i thought you'd like this old thing that's been in a box for years. It's a O.L. 1943 uncut 16 inch M1905 I almost couldn't contain myself. It's gotta be a repop. I snatched off the scales (which still had cosmoline under them) wiped the tang a bit and sure enough O.L. Stamped into the tang under the scales. The real deal. War time production 16 inch M1905. Now I'm on a mission to find an original M3 scabbard.
Uncut 1943 OL
Uncut 1943 OL
Nice!

Same here. Love the fall. Winter too, as long as there's snow on the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back