Off Topic Springtime is lovely for a stroll in the snark

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been so long since I've drove my Jeep, that it too me a bit to figure out how to take the top of the doors off, and undo the back window to roll it up, haha. Felt like an idiot. :rolleyes:

Same here man, I love splitting wood.

Been beautiful here - supposedly. Came down with Covid earlier this week, and I'm basically worn out from being awake. I can't imagine what this would have been without having gotten the vaccine. The steroids they have me on certainly aren't helping my sleep schedule.

Been beautiful here - supposedly. Came down with Covid earlier this week, and I'm basically worn out from being awake. I can't imagine what this would have been without having gotten the vaccine. The steroids they have me on certainly aren't helping my sleep schedule.
Hopefully DunkEm,youโ€™ll be up and running soon.

Temps have been amazing here since Monday. Supposed to be 90 on Sunday.
:(
Hey Erik, did you ever have a chance to mess around with those Axis antlers I sent ya?

Were they even usable? I have no idea how those are chopped up and used for covers or handles.

I often wonder if Axis antlers are not thick enough for those kinds of applications.

If you just hung them up on the wall I wouldn't blame you for that either!

๐Ÿ˜‚

Get Well Brotha

Heal well.

Hey Erik, did you ever have a chance to mess around with those Axis antlers I sent ya?

Were they even usable? I have no idea how those are chopped up and used for covers or handles.

I often wonder if Axis antlers are not thick enough for those kinds of applications.

If you just hung them up on the wall I wouldn't blame you for that either!

๐Ÿ˜‚
I did actually start cutting them up for handles and such - just got distracted with other projects and haven't completed any suitable blades since they got here.
I'm also trying to figure out a way to cut the slot for a tang better before I ruin one. :)

Quality control fry-up of my latest batch of homemade buckboard (shoulder) bacon.
had to trim a couple of edges so the rest of the slab would fit in my tupperware.
mmmmmmmmm..........
Was still warm from the smoker when it hit the hot skillet.
09-2021 bacon smaller.jpg

Unfortunate really. This place used to be hoppin'.

2 more plank chairs -- 3 boards, not 2.
faster to make, stronger than the oak set, less wasted material.
View attachment 1649318
2 more plank chairs -- 3 boards, not 2.
faster to make, stronger than the oak set, less wasted material.
View attachment 1649318

the actual seat pan is glued and screwed to the 2x6 stem instead of cut out of a 2x12.
Pretty awesome. This set is more permanent. But I also liked the portability of the other set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back