Spyderco 2019 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

That is a great gesture of KC to limit the Shaman Cruwear to 1 per household!this way many more people have a chance to get 1 and the flippers,well,figure it out!

Super lame about the Shaman 4V. It took me just about 100 seconds to complete my transaction, but wasn't fast enough. They sold out instantly. I'm honestly pissed off. I took the night off just to sit at my computer to grab one of these... No dice. Screw their website for freezing up on me mid purchase. Not buying anything from them ever again. I think I'm done with these Spyderco sprints. Too many toolbag 3rd party buyers ruining the fun.

Won't be surprised if 300 of these were actually bought by people working at St. Nick's, even before 7pm central.

And I forgot to add :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Won't be surprised if 300 of these were actually bought by people working at St. Nick's, even before 7pm central.
That is the only thing that makes sense here. Or maybe they fudged the batch total and were only like 200 available? If you weren't tech savvy, no chance of entering in your cc number by hand and placing an order. Dang I'm bitter right now.

Super lame about the Shaman 4V. It took me just about 100 seconds to complete my transaction, but wasn't fast enough. They sold out instantly. I'm honestly pissed off. I took the night off just to sit at my computer to grab one of these... No dice. Screw their website for freezing up on me mid purchase. Not buying anything from them ever again. I think I'm done with these Spyderco sprints. Too many toolbag 3rd party buyers ruining the fun.

If you hadn't signed up for an account ahead of time, didn't have your CC info setup to autofill, and weren't refreshing the site at least five minutes prior to the drop then you were never going to get one. That is literally what it takes to get these sprint knives. Don't blame the retailer when you know these are sought after limited editions. Not everyone is going to get one. And yeah, there are flippers out there but I'm willing to bet the majority of people aren't planning on flipping these for profit. Mine is going to get used. Just like the rest of my Shaman sprints.

I understand the frustration of missing out, but you're really grasping here. Granted, their Instagram post a week ago said, "If you’re local to one of our stores and would like to get one, you can reserve one starting this Friday - call your closest store for details." They have four locations but it's hard to say how many people may have reserved one. I wouldn't expect it to be a huge number. Also, do you really think a reputable retailer would risk compromising their relationship with Spyderco by allowing their employees to purchase almost the entirety of this sprint run? I think you're underestimating the fanaticism of Spyderco fans. I was ready at my computer 30 minutes ahead of time with the 4V Shaman webpage open, account logged in, and CC info ready to autofill.

That is the only thing that makes sense here. Or maybe they fudged the batch total and were only like 200 available?

Again, I think you're underestimating the fanaticism of Spyderco fans. Also, look at the number of IG followers SNK has. Almost 8,000. Their post advertising the 4V Shaman has nearly 1,000 likes. Now consider that there are additional people that don't use Instagram but may have heard about the sprint run on the various knife forums or through word of mouth. That's a lot of potential buyers for a very small run of knives.

The only sprint run that people were justified in being angry with the retailer was the Rivers Edge Cutlery Para 3. That was an absolute debacle.

Last edited:
MaxFactor MaxFactor - I did not know people can reserve the 4V Shaman. That pretty much explains why nearly 400 pieces gone in about 1 minute. The actual number that was available for ordering online should be far less than 380. I did all the tricks you suggested in about 95 seconds. I was/am not frustrated. I was just suspicious about the actual number truly available for ordering online.

I have an account there and all my info was already saved. When I went to hit the checkout button the website froze and sent me back to the home page 4 times before it finally worked. That's why I lost out. I have a 2018 imac with very fast internet. It was 100% the websites fault. It cost me 30seconds. So yeah, screw them. Between that screwup and all the resellers, I had no chance. Check ebay right now. There are a bunch up there already for crazy high prices.

St Nick's site was smooth and flawless for me, I even messed up the first attempt and forgot to put my name in on the autofilled Virtual card I used and had to redo. About the 70 second mark is when my order completed. Luck was definitely on my side!

I got all of my info in under 60 seconds right when it went live and after hitting the submit button it came back and said it was now out of stock. Oh well.

Last edited:
MaxFactor MaxFactor - I did not know people can reserve the 4V Shaman. That pretty much explains why nearly 400 pieces gone in about 1 minute. The actual number that was available for ordering online should be far less than 380. I did all the tricks you suggested in about 95 seconds. I was/am not frustrated. I was just suspicious about the actual number truly available for ordering online.

Per their Instagram 374 were sold online and 15 reserved for the stores.

As someone on the other end of drops occasionally, I am not surprised it only took a minute and a half. It was a great project, priced well, and in very limited numbers. Don't underestimate how many people are interested in these drops now, hundreds of knives can easily sell in a minute or two.

Back