Spyderco 2020 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

I just thought the same thing. Are there really that many of us? I wish they would've limited it to one (1) per customer.
I would assume there isn't actually that many of us. It's pretty easy to write a script that can create multiple accounts use different IP's to get around the customer limit and automatically buy the knives. These types of programs are extremely prevalent in all limited edition online purchasing whether it is knives, shoes or clothing, etc.

Just a lucky day for me I guess. I came in from voting (never waited before- wait today was 45 minutes to vote) and snagged the exclusive.
I hope the day continues with such good fortune.

Got mine while standing in line to vote, about 1130 I happened to remember this was happening.
Jumped on DLT and snagged em.

Got mine while standing in line to vote, about 1130 I happened to remember this was happening.
Jumped on DLT and snagged em.

Haha! And like a dummy I sat there refreshing the page from 10:59am to 11:33am with no success.

Para3 CPM-CRU-WEAR Black DLC Blade Purple G-10 C223GPPRBK DLT Trading (USA) was in stock at dealer.

SPYYD-8960__04005.1604419511.jpg

SPYYD-8961__27682.1604419511.jpg

I would assume there isn't actually that many of us. It's pretty easy to write a script that can create multiple accounts use different IP's to get around the customer limit and automatically buy the knives. These types of programs are extremely prevalent in all limited edition online purchasing whether it is knives, shoes or clothing, etc.

Bingo. Extremely common/easy and can't be stopped.

Haha! And like a dummy I sat there refreshing the page from 10:59am to 11:33am with no success.
Meet Dummy #2 >> Me
If I would of just waited a half hour before I tried and let the website cool off from the melt down I could have got lucky. Or maybe voted at the last minute and 30 minutes after the drop went oh yea there is a DLT exclusive drop lol :p
Go figure that’ll learn me :rolleyes:
This one left a funny after taste in my mouth. I think I’m done with dealer exclusives and going to unsubscribe to all notifications to not put myself threw anymore torment lol.

Last edited:
Great looking knife, but won't lick my Cruwear/purple PM2 out of my pocket. Congrats to those who got them; the Para 3 is an excellent platform!

Great looking knife, but won't lick my Cruwear/purple PM2 out of my pocket. Congrats to those who got them; the Para 3 is an excellent platform!
LOL I wouldn’t lick it in your pocket either :p:D
I heart my purple pm2 also just wish I could of got it’s little brother instead of 30 minutes of frustration:(

I'm still butthurt about yesterday. What a bucket of suck...

I'm careful about declaring that I'll no longer participate in these Exclusive drops, because there's not doubt I'll try and get the Z-Wear Shaman, but it really is a miserable feeling when you give up an entire lunch break and have nothing but frustration to show for it.

I don't know if I'll pursue the DLT Para 3 on the secondary market. If the price is right (no gouging), yes, but I won't pay anything exorbitant. As for that Shaman.... if you don't snag it on the drop, your only option will be ridiculous mark-up. I hate that.

There's got to be a better way...

I'm still butthurt about yesterday. What a bucket of suck...

I'm careful about declaring that I'll no longer participate in these Exclusive drops, because there's not doubt I'll try and get the Z-Wear Shaman, but it really is a miserable feeling when you give up an entire lunch break and have nothing but frustration to show for it.

I don't know if I'll pursue the DLT Para 3 on the secondary market. If the price is right (no gouging), yes, but I won't pay anything exorbitant. As for that Shaman.... if you don't snag it on the drop, your only option will be ridiculous mark-up. I hate that.

There's got to be a better way...
Here’s my better way ..:D
It’s my subscriptions shredder to any further notifications of dealer exclusives :eek:
pAISTzG.jpg

Saw this posted on Spyderco forums!
Jordan from DLT:

" We totally agree that the server failing is completely inexcusable. Its a terrible experience for everyone involved. We are working on a ton of ideas to avoid these issues in future, its clear that Big commerce cannot handle the load here, so we are 100% exploring every possible option. When the server goes down, we let you down, we take that very seriously, we absolutely do care about the experience you guys have and recognize this was not a good one. No one here shrugs off when a release doesn't go smoothly.

Regarding numbers, we don't give out info on the run sizes, but we try to always order enough, the contract on these para 3s was signed almost two years ago, and its extremely difficult to gauge the total needed years in advance. Sometimes we get it right, look at the Para 3 LW, Delica, Manix 2, and Smock releases, those lasted long enough that anyone interested had more than a fair chance to get one. And then on the flip side we see releases like this that sell through extremely quickly. We do try our best, we are involved in these exclusives to NOT just cash in on Para 2 exclusives, we want to offer a wide variety of models, steels, and do our best to really contribute."

That’s very considerate of DLT and I wouldn’t expect anything less. But with that being said that will be my last exclusive attempt until another format is available from them or other dealers. Definitely took the desire for anymore exclusives away now or in the near future. Think I will just enjoy my modest collection and put a stop to any new arrivals. This was a great wake up call for me having to have the latest and greatest. Very frustrating experience was a understatement.

Delivered and upcoming Unsubscribed full circle. See you on the flip side and on other threads my Spydie brothers and sisters :thumbsup:

I think I lucked out. I almost forgot about it and wasn't sure I even wanted one but when I hit the site, it was down. I tried again in a few mins and was able to order 2 and even redeem some points before checking out.

I think I lucked out. I almost forgot about it and wasn't sure I even wanted one but when I hit the site, it was down. I tried again in a few mins and was able to order 2 and even redeem some points before checking out.
We’re you Voting when you remembered ?
Guess will see you on the flipper forums ;)
You can thank DLT because the rest of us loyal promoting DLT customers for years “past tense”that were waiting on the drop that should of got one got screwed because of DLTs melt down on the drop and got left with @Jordan@DLT if there is any fall throughs will let you Know but no promises .
Let’s see some pics B BC42 to share your victory.

Last edited:
Back