Spyderco 2021 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

I like copper stuff, and every time I try to get in on something that is solid copper it turns into a nightmare for the maker. The spot price of raw stock is amazingly volatile, so its hard for someone to set a price when they might have to predict the high end of the market when they go to actually buy it, and risk a competitor undercutting them due to plain luck. Since some like the patina and some don't, you need to have a coating that is also easily removed by the end user, but not so easy that it can be removed with casual handling. Its also way heavier than most people guess, so it plays havoc with balance or feel (depending on the product) I have a solid copper drink jigger that is really amazing, but my copper SAK scales are a pocket anchor. Just different uses, and it changes how the end product feels to the user. I can see why they gave it a shot, and I can see why they would leave it to other companies that might be better suited to it. Honestly, I want my dollars going into the blade and lock, not the scale materials.

I just received notification of a sprint Manix 2 in stock; brown G10 and M390. Not sure if seller is a sponsoring vendor or not.

Thanks, ordered..not a fan of the brown scales, gonna swap with Putnam grooved micarta

ParaMilitary2 CPM-REX45 Black DLC Blade Solid Copper C81CUPBK2 BladeHQ (USA) will be in stock on Friday, August 27, 2021 at 10:00am MT for $224.00. All hardware and clip are Black DLC coated but it doesn’t look like the liner for the compression lock is.

ES5BamH_d.webp
Made the mistake of taking a look when these posted: saw it is a special linerless design, so had to pull the trigger. Wife is going to need pacified...

The newest copper Para 2 has the DLC Blade, I think it goes better with the copper, no more coin though I think.
Weird, can't find it on their website.

Meh . . . some ppl here abouts "love" copper scales but unless it's coated, it's just a PITA to maintain.

Copper is also a soft metal is too easily scratched/dented etc. Certainly NOT something I'd want as the scale material on any knife of mine.

Last edited:
I just received notification of a sprint Manix 2 in stock; brown G10 and M390. Not sure if seller is a sponsoring vendor or not.

That's another batch of the Distributor Exclusive Manix2 M390 Satin Blade Earth Brown G-10 C101GPBN2 Moteng/Sportsman's Supply (USA) which was first released in October 2019.

ParaMilitary2 CPM-REX45 Black DLC Blade Solid Copper C81CUPBK2 BladeHQ (USA) is/was in stock at Exclusive Dealer.

Spyderco-Paramilitary-2-Compression-Lock-Copper-Black-C81CUPBK2-BHQ-126452-jr-large.jpg

Spyderco-Paramilitary-2-Compression-Lock-Copper-Black-C81CUPBK2-BHQ-126452-jr-spine-large.jpg

Spyderco-Paramilitary-2-Compression-Lock-Copper-Black-C81CUPBK2-BHQ-126452-jr-side-large.jpg

Ordered one today. Its a unique Spydie, that is what I like. Weight doesn't put me off, not that feeble yet. I have a knife for every occasion, attire, time of year, etc etc. so this will fit right in.

Ordered one today. Its a unique Spydie, that is what I like. Weight doesn't put me off, not that feeble yet. I have a knife for every occasion, attire, time of year, etc etc. so this will fit right in.
Indeed, as the copper darkens, this should be exquisite.

With only 500 made you’d think they’d limit it to one per household instead of the two per household that they did.
How many Z-Max were made? They were limited to 1, per household.(if I recall correctly)..
I assumed the Z-wear would have been the same..

How many Z-Max were made? They were limited to 1, per household.(if I recall correctly)..
I assumed the Z-wear would have been the same..

All the Mule Teams this year have been around 500 pieces except for Z-Max which was around 550 pieces.
  1. Mule Team CPM-SPY27 MT28P - FEB 2021
  2. Mule Team CPM-S45VN MT31P - APR 2021
  3. Mule Team Z-Max PM MT29P - JUN 2021
  4. Mule Team Z-Wear PM MT30P - AUG 2021

Back