Spyderco Amsterdam Meet 2017 Report

I’ll try not to gloat too much, but the Spyderco Amsterdam Meet 2017 was -to me- even more spectacular as previous editions. I counted around 80 new designs that Eric brought with him to the meet. I think that is more knives than we’ve seen before at the meet! Thank you Eric, Joyce, Jurphaas, Martien, the Spydercrew in Golden and everyone else who was at the meet for creating another spectacular Spyderco event!

From the prototype-filled table, I can publish photos and film footage of about 25 knives. I took over 1,600 photos and 3hrs of video footage. I only get one chance, so I figured I’d better snap an extra pic just to be sure, right? With Ted’s help I was able to collect not only photographs of the right knives, but also all sorts of measurements. I hope we’re able to give you a good impression of some of the new knives that Spyderco is working on. Any possible errors in the images or information about these prototypes and production samples, are all mine. Probably due to experiencing a hefty dose of ‘new knife high’.

Here’s the first batch of knives I can share with you. I didn’t take much time to actually handle and examine the knives. Hopefully, my fellow knifeknuts who were at the meet, can share their impression of these knives. Eric loves feedback, so don’t be shy to comment on the designs I can show you in this thread.

Please feel free to re-post and share these images and information. If you’d like to edit these images, try to make it clear that these are either concept models, production prototypes or production samples. I add this information in the images, to make clear that these knives aren’t available yet. I’d also appreciate a source credit for the images (www.spydercollector.com). If you’d like to use these images for commercial purposes, contact me first.

The Spyderco Alycone will be a new budget-friendly working knife. I’ve also seen this knife being mentioned as the Alcyone vs. the Alycone, I’m going by the name that was on the tag at the meet. IIRC, this design was aimed at boy scouts for their ‘first knife’. It is basically a scaled-down version of the C220 Polestar that was included in the goodie bag for all attendees (thank you!). The Alycone’s G-10 handle was a very nice fit for my hands. I recall this knife having very good overall fit & finish. Not a big surprise, since this was a production sample, rather than a concept model.

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_alycone.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_alycone_angle_1.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_alycone_angle_2.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_alycone_angle_3.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_alycone_lock.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_alycone_inhand_2.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_alycone_inhand_1.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_alycone_halfopen.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_alycone_closed.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_alycone_clip.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_alycone_stand.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_alycone_blade_2.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_alycone_blade_1.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_alycone_clipside.jpg

Specifications
Overall Length: 18 cm / 7.08 inches
Blade Length: 7,3 cm / 2.87 inches
Blade Thickness: 3 mm / 0.11 inches
Weight: 92 grams / 3.24 ounces

Oh yes, it is that time of the year again. Thanks Mr. Blonde!

Gesendet von meinem SM-T813 mit Tapatalk

Always love to see this thread! As always, thank you so much for the time and effort you put in to share this with us.

Wow, already that time of year?!

Look forward to this thread as always. :thumbup:

I'm guessing it was a typo and should be Alcyone? Seeing as Alcyone is a star and this knife look very similar to the PoleSTAR.

The Spyderco ATR with a G-10 handle was shown at last year’s Amsterdam Meet, and it’s still in the pipeline to be brought to market. Although this sample is closer to the actual production version, compare to last year’s production prototype, I don’t recall any changes to this year’s sample of the ATR. Still, the ATR is a great design and I’d love to clip this G-10 version to my pocket soon.

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_atr.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_atr_angle_1.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_atr_spine_1.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_atr_spine_2.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_atr_stand_1.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_atr_closed.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_atr_cobrahood.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_atr_clipa.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_atr_blade_2.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_atr_blade_1.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_atr_angle_4.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_atr_angle_3.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_atr_angle_2.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_atr_stand_2.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_atr_halfopen.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_atr_inhand_2.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_atr_inhand_1.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2017_atr_clipside.jpg

Specifications
Overall Length: 21,5 cm / 8.46 inches
Blade Length: 8,7 cm / 3.42 inches
Blade Thickness: 3 mm / 0.11 inches
Weight: 132 grams / 4.65 ounces

Thanks Mr Blonde, hope you might share some images of the Caribbean salts and your impressions [emoji106]

Thank you Mr. Blonde. I appreciate your giving up your hands-on time to take such wonderful photos and allowing us all to share in the joy and excitement.

Dang... that ATR is looking real good. Thanks for the pics! Any word on how far up the "pipeline" this one is in production?

Back