Spyderco fan group?

Yea, I guess there would be a liability thing there. I didn't really think of that. I guess I just take common sense for granted now a days. I forget most people don't have it anymore. I assume everyone knows how to open a knife and not cut themselves. Now closing it can be different, with some of these newer knives that are smooth as glass. One little slip and your finger is now caught between a razor factory edge and the handle. We all know how that is :rolleyes: lol. I just did that the other day with a kershaw I had a mirror edge on but luckily it only caught the callous on my ring finger. On my para 2 though, I make sure my fingers are behind the pocket clip when I close it. That one will lop off the tip for sure if I depress the lock and let it fling shut. I've almost lost the tip of a finger to a knife before, I didn't quite like that. You don't realize how often you smack your fingers off something until you have 10 stitches in the tip of a finger. :(

Technically laws don't allow people under 18 to handle or buy knives.
The fact is, if they let you handle it and play with it and you cut yourself, then your parents come and say you weren't allowed to handle a pocket knife, the guy that let you could be liable.
Same thing if you bought it and your parents came back saying you couldn't have a pocket knife, technically he broke the law by selling it to you in the first place, and then your parents have a case.

They have to cover all of their bases. I used to do piercings and wouldn't even let those who were under 18 near my needles.

Yea ideffinately understand it now. Before i thought they thought i was going to break it or something.

Another problem at knife shows is theft. Knifemakers have enough to watch for without distractions like BladeChick777 mentions.

I always make a point to get to know guys a my local shows they have one or two stolen every show:thumbdn: mostly sub $20 Because they keep the more expensive knives in cases. Darn shame people have to steal.

Back