Spyderco fan group?

When one person starts with the insults, don't answer him. Report the post to the mods or better yet just ignore the troll.

Requesting #21
Glad to see the thread is up again.Keep the ball rolling , stay positive and rise above the comments when someone tries to get under your skin...Thanks to everyone for their efforts thus far....
Best regards,
Josh

Last edited:
Soooo...aaaanyway...glad this looks like it's gonna really happen. I will definitely join as Spydies have certainly come to be my favorite knives.

This should be cool! :)

For all the unnecessary aggravation, it's good to see the REAL Spydie fans are pulling together. Once the group gets underway, the trolls will be on the outside.

Only 6 more posts to go! Just got a delica. As an earlyish birthday present. Not allowed to have it until tomorrow though.
979C248E-38F4-476E-B3B9-2EB8B588249F-15279-000014A8658722CC.jpg

my First Delica!

Cool. I kinda hate (price) The knife shows around where I live. all I can do is look and fondle and if I find a knife I want I just find it on the web for $20+ cheaper.

Man everytime i see a delica I just want one so bad. I have the money for one but the money isn't for a knife :/ My priorities are all messed up. I need to spend more on knives ;) lol. I actually have never been to a knife show either. Never seen one in my area or heard of one. I don't even know anyone in person that likes to collect knives. If they like knives they're fine with their walmart and dollar store knives. I feel so alone :( lol.

I actually have never been to a knife show either. Never seen one in my area or heard of one. I don't even know anyone in person that likes to collect knives. If they like knives they're fine with their walmart and dollar store knives. I feel so alone :( lol.

Someone in your neighborhood has to be first. :)

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

What I don't like is when they dont let me pick up the knives. I'm 15 so some people there are like you can't pick them up. Most people are cool about it though.

What I don't like is when they dont let me pick up the knives. I'm 15 so some people there are like you can't pick them up. Most people are cool about it though.

I know how that feels....lol
I asked a guy once why he wouldn't let teens touch his knives he said because "you never know what kind of kid is gonna show up they could know how to use a knife or the could cut them selves just opening it. You just never know."

Someone in your neighborhood has to be first. :)

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

I'd love to start something like that and bring more awareness of knives and guns as well, I just don't have the funds, time, or ability to do that at the moment. I'm still trying to get my crap together. I can't find a job anywhere thanks to our wonderful president and cooperate greed. No one wants to train anyone.

I really like that quote though, I'll have to remember that.
Hmm, this thread may have deviated from the op's topic a little. My bad haha.

I know how you feel Mattylav. I'm only 19 turning 20 so your not to far behind me.
When people say you can't pick them up, ask them why. I find it curious that some won't let you.
I've been carrying a knife since I was probably 10. I only recently got addicted to them. My dad still has my original scouts knife I got when I joined at age 7 and he uses it still. It was a victorinox I do believe.

When one person starts with the insults, don't answer him. Report the post to the mods or better yet just ignore the troll.

Thanks for the eye opener Esav. I really need to take a break from the forums. Just a whole lot of silliness these days. Used to be a really good resource.

Nice Delica is it FFG?
I know that sucks being young and not being able to do or touch what the older people can.
When I was 15 everyone thought I was 21 until I said otherwise.
Now that I'm 21, everyone thinks I'm 15 until I pull out my ID. :rolleyes:

And I understand being the only one around that has taste in good knives. There's a few others.
But I'm the only girl.

Nice Delica is it FFG?
I know that sucks being young and not being able to do or touch what the older people can.
When I was 15 everyone thought I was 21 until I said otherwise.
Now that I'm 21, everyone thinks I'm 15 until I pull out my ID. :rolleyes:

And I understand being the only one around that has taste in good knives. There's a few others.
But I'm the only girl.
Thanks and yea i think it's FFG :)
I know how you feel Mattylav. I'm only 19 turning 20 so your not to far behind me.
When people say you can't pick them up, ask them why. I find it curious that some won't let you.
I've been carrying a knife since I was probably 10. I only recently got addicted to them. My dad still has my original scouts knife I got when I joined at age 7 and he uses it still. It was a victorinox I do believe.

I know how that feels....lol
I asked a guy once why he wouldn't let teens touch his knives he said because "you never know what kind of kid is gonna show up they could know how to use a knife or the could cut them selves just opening it. You just never know."
Yea, I don't get it. One guy gave me a alright answer. He said something like I give it to the parent to give to the kid, that way it's not my fault if an accident happens. He put it in a better and nicer way though. I ended up buying my delica from him though. He was a pretty nice guy

Last edited:
Back