Spyderco fan group?

I've read the last two pages and I am not happy. Constant bickering. Personal insults. Not a great start to a manufacturer support group. Give me a reason and I will re-open the thread. Of course, the Spyderco staff can re-open it, but you need to show some respect, both for Spyderco and for each other.

Guys if your gonna post here please follow these rules (Courtesy of bladechick777)

) Do NOT argue/fight with another member(constructive discussion and debating is normal, don't go slinging names, etc.) We're here to discuss Spyderco Knives, not each other.
(In this instance we're discussing the club, but same idea)

Yup I'm trying to get it into he poll.
Maybe the day after tomorrow I'll post a poll between spyderco syndicate,spydernation and the spyderweb

Right on. It just kinda came naturally ya know? Haha.
"The Spyderweb" makes me think of how we're all connected by Spyderco knives, whether by one or many...

Guys, ive been at work all day, just slow things a bit down till I catch up later. Ill post a thread about expectations and how we need to conduct ourselves as members of a group. Serious as a heart attack, if we want a group, we need to set guidelines. I heard back from Sal and hes given it the green light, but dont get too excited as we got work to do. It can get shut down as fast as we got it started. Ill be able to PM Sal later to thank him personally when I get off work. Ahhhh work

Just my personal opinion as a Spyderco "fan" for years. We have never needed to advertise or "band together" before. We are known by our actions, not by a banner, or membership in a club. Any "grouping" creates inclusiveness, thus exclusiveness, regardless of rules or by-laws. That is not what Spyderco and Sal has been about over the years.

I just don't see the need for an organized "clup/group/association/syndicate", other than the fact that everyone else is doing it.

I like "The Spyderweb" and the idea behind it!
Way to go 0013. Lol.
We're not a gang or clique, we're "Spy's". Lol.

As a reminder we're here to discuss the club, not each other. As stated above.

Again, everyone is welcome.

If you oppose the whole group, that's fine. You don't have to join.
Also, feel free to share your concerns, and we'll all discuss it in a mature manner and try to figure out ways to work through the concerns.

Simple Man - No, we don't need a group. But we're not about being exclusive. The whole group idea is to show your love for Spyderco and identify as an enthusiast. It's an appreciation of Spyderco/manufacturer support group

However, we do have rules and guidelines to stop the "gang" mentality that a lot of these groups do have.

All it's doing is we'll probably have a Specific thread to share our ideas, love, knives, news, etc, that has to do with Spyderco.

All we really want is participation to be shown. =]

Not everyone will agree as witnessed a few pages ago. As Ive said numerous times in this thread and to Sal, its purpose is to identify yourself as a Spyderco enthusiast via a sig and not much more. There are those who ARE interested on having Spyderco in there sig, if they are willing to take part and also carry the responsibility of upholdng themselves, hey why not. Guys theres no need to respond to naysayers who got their mind made up. Just do YOU and move along. Im on iphone back to work.

The club wont be "exclusive", did u see how easy it is to join? Things get weird, and Ill be the first to recommend it to be shut down.

Last edited:
You know what, I was the first to push for Syndicate but if we dont have plans on having that retarded gang mentality, the name is out of place. I knoe it is winning on the poll, but its getting pulled. I suggest the Spyderweb: Spyderco enthusiasts connected. Lets make the decision short n sweet tho im tired of it. Ok really goin back to wrk.

...Way to go 0013. Lol....
We're not a gang or clique, we're "Spy's".

I like the idea of Spys. Heh

You know what, I was the first to push for Syndicate but if we dont have plans on having that retarded gang mentality, the name is out of place. I knoe it is winning on the poll, but its getting pulled. I suggest the Spyderweb: Spyderco enthusiasts connected. Lets make the decision short n sweet tho im tired of it. Ok really goin back to wrk.

:D :thumbup:
Thank you for taking the time out of your workday for us man. Right on.
Today's my day off and it's raining out so indoors I am.

Last edited:

Thats why I didn't like the name in the first place. The name doesn't fit a group against gang mentality. It sounds nice and looks good and all, but like you said, it's just out of place. I still am for Spydernation. We are a nation of spyderco lovers. It sounds funny though ya know? If not that then how about just Spyderco Fan Group?

Back