Spyderco fan group?

^^ Hey now, I'm not a Spyder-Man.
I'm a Spyder-Chick.

Lol we could do "SpyderKnuts" but like I said, it doesn't sound right no matter how you spell it or type it out.

And I agree to join, you must own one Spyderco knife. Or be about to own one. =]

How about going with initials? The S.K.C. (Spyderco Knife Club or Cult), or playing off what FCM suggested earlier, The S.E.C. (Spyderco Enthusiasts Connected).

^^ Hey now, I'm not a Spyder-Man.
I'm a Spyder-Chick.

Lol we could do "SpyderKnuts" but like I said, it doesn't sound right no matter how you spell it or type it out.

And I agree to join, you must own one Spyderco knife. Or be about to own one. =]

SpyderPersons? ;)

Forgot this one: "Pals of Sal" or "Sal's Pals" lol

No thanks. Cliques are childish and cheesy.

"The Kershaw Mafia" is one of the main reasons I have a hard time participating with their forum or even being a fan of their brand. Which is unfortunate because KAI is a good, honorable company.

I would hate to see that same rabid, fanboyism applied to Spyderco.

No thanks. Cliques are childish and cheesy.

"The Kershaw Mafia" is one of the main reasons I have a hard time participating with their forum or even being a fan of their brand. Which is unfortunate because KAI is a good, honorable company.

I would hate to see that same rabid, fanboyism applied to Spyderco.

Dude, that is a pretty silly reason not to like Kai knives. :rolleyes: Oh, and BTW, FYI, I'm, pretty darn sure that Spyderco had rabid fanboism LONG before Kai. (Ask Sal, I dare you!) Just something to think about... :p ;)

We havent even set any guidelines or groundrules to anything, just a brainstorm of ideas. not even sure if it will come into fruition.Clicks can be childish and cheesy I agree, but I was under the assumption that it would't function that way. Such as I suggested that entry to the club shouldn't require things like a personal invite from a "elder member" lol or anything that would promote elitism. Just a fan club you can identify with here on the forums on your sig for starters. Fanboys will participate in discussions regardless.

Finalists for the name need to be polled, some very good ones. Sal's Pal's, Bwahahahaha!

As for entry, how does owning at least one Spyderco and 100 posts on the subforum sound? Thats about as simple as it can get.

Membership doesn't give us the right to anything. For this reason, there should be a motion in the rules that rabid fanboyism is discouraged and frowned upon. We will stay true to Bladeforums rules that open respectful discussion is to be promoted. If things get weird, you can get tagged. All that mess and whatever else can only be a problem if we let it.

Ok 10 posts lol, nothing is set in stone. Its the only prerequisite other than owning one Spyderco. Pretty easy.

You don't have to be special or anything.
It's basically open to anyone.
Anyone that likes Spyderco's or is interested in them can join.

Rules are:
Own one Spyderco Knife.
At least 50 posts in this subforum.

Some people don't post on the forum a lot as a whole, not just here. So I think 50 posts is fair to everyone. It's not too high of a number but it does take some participation in discussions.

If Order Of KAI wasn't taken, we could be the Order Of Spy. Lol.

Anyways, the name should be something simple. It states the club, and done.

Also, we are NOT exclusive, that's dumb. No points, no track records, none of that. If you like Spyderco and you want to join, you can.
The only necessities to join are simple. I don't care if the only Spyderco you own is a $7 Spyderco Bug.

The Club, is where we talk about our Spyderco's, what we like, upcoming knives, etc, etc, etc.
You can ask any questions, share your pics, etc.

It's something nice and simple where people can feel welcome and accepted. Not at all a "Clique". I didn't belong to one in school, I don't want to belong to one now.

*EDIT*
Or we can do 10 posts like FCM said.

Thanks 9blades.
I'm sure other people have ideas but those are just for starters.

I don't like the idea of a clique either. So I think making it simple and sweet is the best way to go. That way if someone joins and likes Spyderco knives, they can join without having to jump through a whole bunch of hoops and they won't feel lesser for not owning as many knives or being new or asking questions. Oh, and we don't have a leader. There should be no leader.

I could go for that.

Nice and simple.
8395535157_bf90b79dd8.jpg

Thanks 9blades.
I'm sure other people have ideas but those are just for starters.

I don't like the idea of a clique either. So I think making it simple and sweet is the best way to go. That way if someone joins and likes Spyderco knives, they can join without having to jump through a whole bunch of hoops and they won't feel lesser for not owning as many knives or being new or asking questions. Oh, and we don't have a leader. There should be no leader.

I agree. How about instead of a number system like the order of Kai we have a moto in the Signature something like "just another one of sal's pals"?

Really, a club. I don't do colors:p

Well, I am a Hog, but when I went for the free diner and Jerry called me up, I wasn't going to not shake his hand:p

I don't ever remember calling it a club...........

Club, Fan Group, they seem kinda like the same:p I'll be fine with just being a fan.

Just because I don't care for Fan Groups or Clubs doesn't mean many don't. So maybe ya'll can make it happen,
Good luck:thumbup:

Back