Spyderco/Farid K2

Tip-up doesn't really work well for this one. Because of its size, you have to re-grip and reposition the knife to bring your thumb or middle finger closer to the spyderhole. That's why even with the customs were designed for top-down carry.

Looks very nice! Any plans on making it tip up as well?

I hope not. I was just about to praise the traditional tip down configuration, and that it isn't covered with with holes for changing the clip around.

I like big Knives! I'm very excited to order a fluted titanium Military in the morning. The Farid K2 will definitely be at the top of my list when it's available.

Very nice.

Anyone know what the MSRP is on the K2? Guessing somewhere around $500+.

I hope not $500 for a Spyderco made in Taiwan... 10v is sweet, and Farid makes kick butt knives.. but production out of country.. over $500.. I won't be buying if that is the case..

Talk to us Farid!! What do you know about pricing yet??? Anything? :/

BTW Farid, hope all is going well this week, talk soon hopefully!

K2 has premium steel, full titanium handles, outside designer and high-quality made at the Taichung plant.

For comparison here are some other Taichung folders and their MSRP:

• Southard: $419.95
  • Southard Black: $439.95
  • Chaparral3 Stepped Titanium: $564.95
  • Rubicon: $499.95
  • Slysz Bowie: ?
  • K2: ?

I dont know what hardness the 10V is going to be, but even in the 60-62 range its pretty hard to work with according to a couple of custom knifemakers that have worked with it. I'm sure the cost of the time and skill involved account for quite a bit of the price.

Thank you all for your support in this K2 collaboration.
just so you all know what's going on here, yesterday I had surgery and I will have to recover for 8 weeks minimum before I can work again. 'I may not be able to do the cutting test which I wanted to do' , I hope you will all understand.

Again thank you all for all your support.
Farid

Thank you all for your support in this K2 collaboration.
just so you all know what's going on here, yesterday I had surgery and I will have to recover for 8 weeks minimum before I can work again. 'I may not be able to do the cutting test which I wanted to do' , I hope you will all understand.

Again thank you all for all your support.
Farid

Farid,

I know that the 10V is in the 63 Range from your posts on the Spyderco forum. :)

What is the thickness behind the edge?

From the Photos I am guessing in the .020" range?

Jim

I love this! It's too big for me to carry it legally, but I might get one nonetheless!

I hope not $500 for a Spyderco made in Taiwan... 10v is sweet, and Farid makes kick butt knives.. but production out of country.. over $500.. I won't be buying if that is the case..

Talk to us Farid!! What do you know about pricing yet??? Anything? :/

BTW Farid, hope all is going well this week, talk soon hopefully!

$500 for the materials they're using, and the high level of craftmanship coming out of the Taiwan factories is a steal.

Indeed, do we really have to have this discussion every time a high-end Taichung model is released? If you've ever owned one, there's no question where every penny went: quality. Construction, design, finish, materials... you name it.

Indeed, do we really have to have this discussion every time a high-end Taichung model is released? If you've ever owned one, there's no question where every penny went: quality. Construction, design, finish, materials... you name it.

Yeah, it looks like a solid model to me, will have to wait and see what it does in testing. :) :thumbup:

Got mine in today. :thumbup:

DSC_4921.JPG

DSC_4926.JPG

DSC_4931.JPG

DSC_4932.JPG

Back