Spyderco South Fork

Thanx Phil,

The honor is ours.

The model is just like the original in size and color. (+ a small trademark round hole)

sal

I love the color on the proto. It reminds me of one of my favorite very high performance customs here at the house. :)

joe

I plan on buying this for my gf as her next kitchen knife. She cooks for me every night so its the least I can do.right now she has a cold steel 400 series ,its ok .last time I sharpened it to thirty I said,"babe be carefull its really sharp".her response was,"you always say that,,I know how to use a knife in the kitched". She cut threw her fingernail into thumb minutes later. She complaines when its dull,so.....

I plan on buying this for my gf as her next kitchen knife. She cooks for me every night so its the least I can do.right now she has a cold steel 400 series ,its ok .last time I sharpened it to thirty I said,"babe be carefull its really sharp".her response was,"you always say that,,I know how to use a knife in the kitched". She cut threw her fingernail into thumb minutes later. She complaines when its dull,so.....

It will make a fantastic knife to use in the kitchen. :)

That looks great!

I do like the idea of being able to use my thumb to pop an FB out of its Kydex sheath. That works well with my Street Beat.

Is this knife coming out soon? This year? Here's a pic of it for those who don't know/remember. Designed by Phil Wilson. :) Thank you Mr Blonde for the picture.
spyderco_amsterdammeet2011_prototype_southfork.jpg

I don't want to sleep on this one and miss out.

http://spyderco.com/forums/showpost.php?p=656970&postcount=283

Hi Soulrack,

The knife performs very well, as one would expect from Phil Wilson. We're just beginning the project now so we're still 6-8 months away. Production will look like the one in Wouter's picture, but we've added a small "trademark" round hole.

Phil's sheath was Boltaron with a fold-over. We've traditionally made our sheaths wider so one could push the sheath off with the thumb. I would be interested in your opinions on the sheath.

sal

I am looking forward to this knife! I think this blade shape will do everything and then some. I prefer a small profile sheath, something that can be slipped into the waistband or pocket. Keep the wide sheaths for the knives that get left behind at camp. I would like some checkering, grooves or gripper G10, but that is not a deal breaker. :) I'm not sure, but is there a swell in the handle? So it fits in the hand better? Maybe a slightly deeper indentation in the guard, keep your fingers from sliding forward.
Keep the lanyard hole please, and I would like one hole on the very tip of the sheath so I can anchor the sheath.

Actually the thing that would probably make this the perfect fixed blade for me would be the Perrin Street Bowie handle on the South Fork's blade.

154641_10150336757615486_704575485_16090670_1031283_n.jpg

154641_10150336757605486_704575485_16090668_5117980_n.jpg

Please make a foldover sheath, a two piece wide sheath will just take away from the South Fork design.
154641_10150336757600486_704575485_16090667_3025043_n.jpg

Pictures borrowed from "deepfry".

When Sal handed this one to at Blade I knew.
Its right up there with the Temp 2.
Count me in for a couple. :thumbup:

My gf birthday is coming up ,still a little while away but i didnt think spyderco collab would be anywhere close to done. I contacted Phil Wilson about a custom kitchen knife i might be able to buy or order. He told me he had a extra south fork m390 in production he could sell me . Boy am I excited for this to come . I doubt she will complain about a dull knife ever again. In the end she might get the greatest bday present ever.I might try to get into cooking :D.She'll probably just yell for me to get out of her kitchen though.

My gf birthday is coming up ,still a little while away but i didnt think spyderco collab would be anywhere close to done. I contacted Phil Wilson about a custom kitchen knife i might be able to buy or order. He told me he had a extra south fork m390 in production he could sell me . Boy am I excited for this to come . I doubt she will complain about a dull knife ever again. In the end she might get the greatest bday present ever.I might try to get into cooking :D.She'll probably just yell for me to get out of her kitchen though.

Nice birthday present, looking forward to some pictures of the knife and sheath. :)

Mr. Wilson said should be done in a week or two.its gonna be hard keeping it hidden when she's around when all im gonna wanna do is oodle it.I will definitely post pics when I get it.I felt like it was my bday when she said she wouldnt mind a new kitchen knife for her birthday lol

Is this knife going to be regular production? Or is it going to be limited production or a sprint?

Mr. Wilson said should be done in a week or two.its gonna be hard keeping it hidden when she's around when all im gonna wanna do is oodle it.I will definitely post pics when I get it.I felt like it was my bday when she said she wouldnt mind a new kitchen knife for her birthday lol

She is gonna love that knife. :)

Back