SR-3V (SR-3VooDoo)!!!!!

Wonder how close sr3v will get to infi in toughness and lateral strength. But then again depend on what they are aiming at. Harder blades? Dono

Wonder how close sr3v will get to infi in toughness and lateral strength. But then again depend on what they are aiming at. Harder blades? Dono

Honestly it's not something I'd prefer in larger survival knives, personally. All that carbide volume is going to really work against ease of sharpening in the field with less than ideal abrasives potentially.

SR-3V is looking very promising, should yield great results in blades large and small! With a lot of testing having been completed, I can tell you SR-3V is a very remarkable steel. Boy does it stand out in toughness and edge holding! Rest assured that our time and energy has been well spent to offer you some awesome knives in an amazing steel.

SR-3V is looking very promising, should yield great results in blades large and small! With a lot of testing having been completed, I can tell you SR-3V is a very remarkable steel. Boy does it stand out in toughness and edge holding!
How does it compare to Infi and SR-101? I've never beat on Busse or kin blades.

Last edited:
SR-3V is looking very promising, should yield great results in blades large and small! With a lot of testing having been completed, I can tell you SR-3V is a very remarkable steel. Boy does it stand out in toughness and edge holding! Rest assured that our time and energy has been well spent to offer you some awesome knives in an amazing steel.

So what’s going on with the Magnacut steel that was mentioned last year??

After having tormented Bossman for the last few months, I am happy to announce the introduction of SR-3V (we are calling it SR-3VooDoo)!

SR-3V is CPM-3V with our proprietary Heat Treat protocols and deep cryogenic treatment cycles.

Since we have not had any luck in acquiring INFI, it was time to try out something new!

Alot of time and energy has been put into optimizing the heat treat protocols and cryogenic treatment of SR-3V. Since taking over at Swamp Rat Knife Works, we are looking to raise the bar with this incredible steel. The strength, edge retention, and over-all resilience of SR-3V will be nothing short of game-changing.

We wanted to create something remarkable, and in the process, I believe we created something legendary! The test results, in blades large and small, have been exciting to say the least. This is just the first step of many in the revitalization of the Swamp, as we march toward the leading edge of the knife industry. New offers of SR-3V are coming soon, keep your eyes open!

Only the toughest thrive in the Swamp!

VooDoo

VMC Commander
Is this cpm3V ?

Not really.

All of our in-house INFI is scheduled for production.

We are approx. 6 months out on our next delivery and most of that is already on the schedule.

CPM-3V is more readily available.

Let's Drink!

Jerry
Back in 2015 you said you have done a lot of in house testing on 3v and is not comparable to INFI not even close. More comparable to SR-101 but you give the nod to 101 as being superior in lateral strenght, toughness etc. But more prone to rust.

Interested to know what changed.

Back in 2015 you said you have done a lot of in house testing on 3v and is not comparable to INFI not even close. More comparable to SR-101 but you give the nod to 101 as being superior in lateral strenght, toughness etc. But more prone to rust.

Interested to know what changed.
Comparable to Sr101, and twice the price. I guess you have to decide if a more corrosion resistant SR is worth that much more money.

I suspect what changed is wanting to refresh the Swamp and give it more of it's own identity and direction. Whether or not it makes sense to use a steel they use is probably beside the point. I for one like a company such as Spyderco that uses different flavors and experiments. I am not exactly "sick of" INFI and SR101 but I do certainly welcome additions.

Comparing 52100 to CPM3V, both with standard commercial heat treats, 3V would clearly be much tougher and more damage-resistant.

Comparing SR101 (mod 52100? with an exceptional heat treat) to 3V with a standard heat treat might put them on parity.

But comparing SR101 to 3V with an exceptional, customised heat treat, the SR3V would almost certainly be a big step up in toughness and durability. Carother's Delta heat treat for 3V demonstrates that. I don't see why SR3V couldn't be in at least the same general league as INFI in hard use durability. It comes down to what exactly this heat treat is. That's why I'm waiting for abuse testing.

Back