SRK and Master Hunter Handle Issues

KenHash

But nowhere near as cool as a hanging volvo car on a warcraft tanto
GII

Talking about respect while protecting cs and mr.thompson

And telling “don’t buy junk from my competitors” is respectful?
Making video after video to show always the same that a triad lock is stronger than a liner.
Why does cold steel need that? Quality speaks for itself you don’t need to show everytime that you have the strongest folders of the world.

Why they never do real fixed blade tests I mean test a A1 vs Recon Tanto lets see what happens :Dand who survives.(I know on what knife I would put my money on)
Why do they show you that the warcraft tanto is so strong you can hang a car on it?
But if you do some batoning and it chips they don’t stand behind their product :D

Fällkniven claims nothing and they make good knives they let the product do the talk.

Lynn told “we proof what we claim everyday.”

What did they proof everyday???

Are they the world sharpes knives?no
Are they world strongest knives?no

So what do they proof everyday?

Does steel will claim that they have the strongest knives? No
But hey they could if cold steel does.

it’s a draw
[video=youtube;BsPcZmrLVMU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsPcZmrLVMU[/video]
So, you do not vote for presidential candidates they all disrespect their opponents? You do not drive American vehicles? The Big 3 insult each other's products all the time. I guess you can't eat at Wendy's anymore either. They just insinuated that Burger King's food was inedible, in a response to a special Burger King was running.

How disrespectful.

Doesn't everyone know that an industry that does not compete against one another, but rather holds hands, sings kumbaya, puts out better products through complacently?

Damn that Cold Steel for actually looking to compete and advertise in a manner that EVERY MAJOR CORPERATION on the planet does. What a bunch of dummies. Thanks for enlightening us. Hopefully every marketing agency, and campaign manager on the planet takes note of your wisdom. Clearly their sales will soar because of it.

KwonKwang

oh why so personal mrs kwang? offended?

and what did your video from prof.nutnfancy proved?he shows the srk in some cold steel videos.

look at the recon vs steel will video.(look at the bladespine of the recon and compare it with the sentence)
the sentence took the beating like a champ.

steel will is made in china and no big mouth behind the company that talks smack 24/7.
and they even beat that "japanese made" recon tanto.

isnt recon tanto the knife that cold steel is so proud of?wow a chinese fake can take the same beating for
only 30$(free shipping) and dont play the "it has aus8a" card .its an low/average steel nothing you can be proud of.

so what did YOUR video proof?
you postet a video that shows nothing.just like cs ads.

im not a hater of cold steel knives.
i own 13-17 of them.most of them are from 1998-2012.
cold steels style changed they decided to make knives for kids,sd-clowns and mall ninjas.(so ppl just like you)
thats just my point of view ...you dont like it F

so at the end of the day coldsteel:
-hunting knifes dont hold an good edge.(cheap steel)(AVG. HRC)
-military knifes(recon tanto) barely beats his own china fake
-folders ....yes they are strong.
But a folder should not be tough. Why should a folder hold 400lbs? for what?
Idont have much folders.i just dont like them for real use.(only lite)

victorinox+Endura/rajah2 spartan ti lite(btw bladeplay) are the only folders i have.
And none of them closed on me.

if a cold steel fixedblade (masterhunter) chips while batoning.evryone here says "dude its a hunting knife"
the edge holding from a master hunter aus8/carbonv/is BAD for a hunting knife.

if a spyderco endura zdp would fail a weight test(that dont mean a shit)everyone of you fangirls would applaud and mention that this is the reason you BUY cold steel
because they are so badass.

G III

same to you.no response on this one: Lynn "DONT BUY JUNK FROM MY COMPETITORS"
and this one
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1333406-Cold-Steel-Warranty-Service

I was talking about their customer service in general.(not only your story about the recontanto)
where is the good service in this one.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1333406-Cold-Steel-Warranty-Service

they probably send him some new ones after this...just to promote themself.

WOW on this one
maybe iam wrong and my english is not that good.
maybe you can help with this one

Lynn:"DONT BUY JUNK FROM MY COMPETITORS"

suing CRKT(great move) because lynn is such a nice person that cares about CRKTs customers hands.
will he sue automobile manufacturers in the future because many claim they just made the safest car that is solid like a tank(that was not a question)
Do you belive that shit?only a rat would do that.So since lynn cares about his customers hands he
should replace/repair all the ti lites+(all other linerlocks)that HIS customers will send to them.(with blade play)
Take your money where your mouth is right?

But no they dont even replace never used folders

Jonslaught

after i used the a1 for 4years it was time to put the srk in use(first time after owning it for 3-4y.)
i hoped i finally found a knife from cs that can compare to the a1
But you know how that story ends ..that douchebag never showed up for the fight just gave up on his stool / showcase even before the fight maybe he knew how his brother(recon tanto aka loosen handle) ended up back then

hows the srk doing lately you asking? hes still in critical condition.

i will give him some strong glue maybe he will get some self confidence and shows up against ................a china knife

KwonKwang

..yeah truth not allowed here ..so i will now only talk about topics like "which folder(only from cs) should i choose for SD)

Min 1:00
[video=youtube;R_GHQ5cTTdg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_GHQ5cTTdg[/video]
If you agree on that you probably dont know shit about hunting.

[video=youtube;nvwIwY6nrD0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvwIwY6nrD0[/video]
demko should try it with the outdoorsman.
even the guy on YT is a liar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwS9bV5X488
What was he thinking in this one!
he have to thow the kukri from the same position where he shoots on that meat to make this test equal. and btw he only has 1 try.

[video=youtube;FKI1xmtf5Ck]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKI1xmtf5Ck[/video]
Why didnt he stop the buffalo with his "Gurkha Kukri" .....stoping power at his best

ok makes no sense ppl are blind and deaf on cold steel.

Sorry I should have known not to mess with coldsteel and justin bieber fanboys.(probably the same)
Are you criticizing Lynn not only dodging a Cape Buffalo charge, but delivering an instantly fatal shot by means point shooting (no aim) in a split second? Maybe you just don't realize how deadly those animals are, and how hard they are to kill.

That video was as extremely impressive.

Also, Cold Steel is not even an iota more Mall Ninja than Emerson, Spyderco, Benchmade, KAI, and CRKT.

There are a great number of people in the world that consider anything more than a Buck 110 "mall ninja". So you shouldn't throw that term around so much.

Clearly, a knife that you are a fan of, didn't perform as well as you had hoped in one of Cold Steel's lock tests.

What I find really ironic, is that you do not see any of the "fan boys" in this forum spamming and flaming in the other manufacturer's manufacturer's forums, in the manner you are. It is petchulent

I almost forgot to mention, that it gets even funnier when you throw a lifted design of Cold Steel's by a former Cold Steel Distributer (Fallknivens and the A1) who has those knives made by the same maker as Cold Steel's large San Mai III knives. Infact, the Thor is cloned after the Trail Master, the Odin after the Recon Scout (both just have Hattori put on the stacked leather handles he puts on his own knives). Fallkniven is probably the worst example you can drudge up when trying to bash Cold Steel.

It's a dumb practice that is full of variables that can't be quantified, which leads people to nonsensical conclusions such as, "A Mora is better/tougher than a Master Hunter because the Master Hunter chipped and the Mora didn't when I tried pounding them both through a tree branch with another tree branch." The only valid conclusion is that batoning is a good way to break a knife.
-Steve

Ya pays yer money, ya takes yer chances. After I got into axes/hatchets/hawks it just didn't make a lot of sense for me to be beating on a knife. I will still do it if option less, or doing up some thinner branches for kindling. If I bust a knife I blame no one, as I know better. I still see it as an option if used with discretion. But to each their own. I'd rather not batton as a rule.

You do not drive American vehicles? The Big 3 insult each other's products all the time.

NO i dont. we have other good cars here ...that american ppl also drive :p(its not all about america :D)
I guess you can't eat at Wendy's anymore either.
there are no wendys in my city..so yes on that question
They just insinuated that Burger King's food was inedible, in a response to a special Burger King was running.
I dont eat burgers from the king because the quality is shit. if iam that hungry i buy cheese(and other stuff) at the supermarket and cut it with my folder(see what i did here ^^ this is the real use of a folder):p

Doesn't everyone know that an industry that does not compete against one another, but rather holds hands, sings kumbaya, puts out better products through complacently?

did spyderco call other brands JUNK?
if they wanted they could do a cut test(endura zdp) against cold steel they would beat them 100% and sal glesser would be likE"OH DONT BUY JUNK FROM MY COMPETITORS THAT SELL YOU SHARPENED PRY BARS THAT WASNT DESIGNED TO DO WHAT A KNIFE WAS MADE FOR ---->CUTTING(play bad ass heavy metal music on this ad,and put a cigar in sals mouth and give him an cowboy hat:D)
after watching spyderco fail the cs weight test the reaction of sal was 100% like -------------->And Not a Single Fuck Was Given That Day :D

Clearly their sales will soar because of it.
this is the problem.everyone thinks of money. some years ago when i talked to an exotic knife collector(50-40years old)(no sd clowns)he asked me what knife brands i collect. i answered cold steel and (add some more)he was like "oh thats the company with the strong lock?
now he probably would watch strange at me if i would say "cold steel" because of the shit ads (stabbing human torsos)he would not mention "strong lock" "well dressed guy"
he would just watch at me like "really"?

Also, Cold Steel is not even an iota more Mall Ninja than Emerson, Spyderco, Benchmade, KAI, and CRKT.
yes but their zombie-go-boom-shit(and screaming "die") is embarrassing.(of couse he will sell more stuff(to kids) with ads like this but he also will lose ppl with pride with such ads.)

Clearly, a knife that you are a fan of, didn't perform as well as you had hoped in one of Cold Steel's lock tests.
no iam onest.(i had more folders most of them cs.but i sold them years back.i dont like to clean and oil them +most have slim profile for large hand s(thats why i like my spartan and rajah2)

I almost forgot to mention, that it gets even funnier when you throw a lifted design of Cold Steel's by a former Cold Steel Distributer (Fallknivens and the A1) who has those knives made by the same maker as Cold Steel's large San Mai III knives. Infact, the Thor is cloned after the Trail Master, the Odin after the Recon Scout (both just have Hattori put on the stacked leather handles he puts on his own knives). Fallkniven is probably the worst example you can drudge up when trying to bash Cold Steel.

pls tell me why some ppl call cold steel COLD STEAL? :p

Are you criticizing Lynn not only dodging a Cape Buffalo charge, but delivering an instantly fatal shot by means point shooting (no aim) in a split second? Maybe you just don't realize how deadly those animals are, and how hard they are to kill.
aaaand? some times you hear on the radio that some kids play on the freeway or some 20y old hipster tried to surf on a train(and killed himself)
nothing you can be proud of.should i give respect to them for their stupidity?(btw the buffalo didnt do shit shit ...he was just eating...and lyn killed him(or the guys behind the camera :p)

tell lynns hunting stories to a real hunter he probably will shake his head.
he is not a classic hunter....he is a trophy hunter .if he would kill a deer he would take the head home and leave the meat there.
he has no respect for animals.....and why is he killing tigers?just for fun?

maybe i was wrong and disrespectful to bash on cs here.
i dont want to hurt any of you collectors(or fans of cs designs) just because i dont like lynn as a person.

sorry for that.

iam an onest guy so i can tell you that i started to collect knives with cold steel(1998)...after some years i also choose other brands.
lynn talked back then that he started his company because he liked the japanese swords,samurais mentality(me2)....well he probably would loose his head after the moves he did the last years (if we still would be in the samurai age)
they would cut his head off or they would force lynn to do seppuku:D
...so was it worth to lose your nice rep.for some more dollars?

dont you agree that the test with the kukri vs magnum makes no sense???
if you say "NO"....than its nice to know that my kitchen chef's knife has more stopping power than a shotgun.

@grammanazis so tell me how many languages can your american fat ass speak(me 4 and everyone understands what iam talking about(even us army..yes i was in the army) even the guy from istanbul who talked with me through hand signs at the warehouse(yes most of them dont know a word in english) (if your an normal american(like the ppl in this thread that still stayed calm/and wanted to help) ignore this...i dont shot this at you)

this is my last reply since iam banned here? or some POS from san fran did tried to log on my acc.(guess this is the american way to handle problems)

just like i said justin bieber and cs ....you definitely dont want to mess with one of them.

Well he did spell Krusher wrong...
maybe its this one ....

[video=youtube;5MkgTwGQhBo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MkgTwGQhBo[/video]

Posting under two separate user names is a no-no there, Krusher. It was nice knowing ya!

Krusher,

Foul language is not appreciated, here. This is a family forum.

I got my start on BF during the Lawsuit, where guys were giving up on CS products they wanted because of the actions of a man (Lynn), I had my fun with that one. This guy is using a few product failures in conjunction with baseless attacks on the company head. Hes punching and kicking with his words, using combos and mashing buttons... in other words, he's trying too hard.

As I said in that thread, "your business or lack thereof will have no effect on an established company." You don't like em? Walk. 1000 can do the same and have the same effect, around the 'no' area. KFC served rats, they still stand.

That's why you don't baton with a hunting knife. I will never understand the love for batoning.

But stabbing car doors is all good.... Not being chippy towards ucpop but towards CS ads that are stupid. I believe CS refers to batoning as abuse... But hoods that's what they are designed for. I'm just not a fan of cold steel. Its there marketing and ethics that get me.

But stabbing car doors is all good.... Not being chippy towards ucpop but towards CS ads that are stupid. I believe CS refers to batoning as abuse... But hoods that's what they are designed for. I'm just not a fan of cold steel. Its there marketing and ethics that get me.

No worries here. But it is much easier on a knife stabbing it thru a crappy car hood then batoning a giant stump. Stabbing a car hood is easy. Now if they try to baton thru a car frame like someone once did with a Busse, that's impressive. ;)

Agreed. I have no doubt most owners are happy with their knives. And a good friend of mine has an original made in USA master hunter that I have witnessed tear down a white tail for the freezer in short order. The ads and Minnie shorts are to much for me. Suing CRKT is just to silly.

Last edited:
Krusher, I understand your frustration. Being in EU and all...I had two lemons sent from a certain "finest" kukri producer very popular on this forum, the 2nd one being painfully obvious (a severily warped blade, as a replacement for one with an appalingly bad heat treat). I cannot, by law, ship knives back, so, one year later, I will have to take the knives with me when I travel to US and send them back for reimbursement.

Anyway, I would suggest you to contact Cold Steel. They may want to have a talk with the dealer in your country. I hope it works this way, I will need to check with them. Otherwise, I'd be second guessing my intention to buy a 200$ knife, only to find out that if something goes wrong, I'm stuck with it.

He said recon tanto, not recon 1.. Please stop trying to put CS down in a place where the fans gather. It's both disrespectful, and will get you nowhere. CS has proven to have objectively great customer service, and while there can be anomolies, some darn good products at competitive prices.

I see forums like this pop up here, and in the buck forum, and I ust wonder why some people have to hate on well established companies, *to their fans*.

With all due respect, some of us find this info useful. Especially if we don't live in US full-time. This forum is the first we will check, and do our homework, before purchasing a product. After being burned by other companies, it is good to know how Cold Steel approaches such issues.

Suppose every year I live on and off, in US or another EU country. This other country has a problem with shipping blades and authorities may confiscate them, unless you are a dealer. Suppose my knife needs warranty during that time, but the local CS dealer says they will not honor it, since the blade was purchased in US. It is interesting to see how CS will handle such situations.

[LE] Having read everything in the mean time...Krusher, you are overdoing it. I think you may actually gain more by showing a little more respect and maybe actually contacting Cold Steel and see what they propose in order to rectify your particular situation. Please keep us updated.

Last edited:

Think of it as variety.

I searched the IP and you're full of it. Bye.

Thanks, Morrow!

At first I was concerned that Krusher's banishment would mean that we wouldn't have anyone around to come into the Cold Steel subforum just to tell us how little he thinks of Cold Steel and its products and its advertising and its business practices and its president. But I see that others have now chimed in to take on that critical role of setting us all straight.

Good to know that we can get back to business as usual.

In other news, I still enjoy Cold Steel and discussing the virtues of the company and its products. Anyone else?

-Steve

You're yet another new face with no manners I've seen again and again in the time I've been here. After your grievance is communicated with the tact of a donkey, you will likely be chastised by a mod and will either be banned after you do not listen to the mod...

This thread turned fun in a hurry!

I believe some one predicted a meltdown and a banning, and it happened before the end of the page!

Part of that may have to become a signature line........

As to to the handle on my Cold Steel, I was going to replace it with micarta, or a stag handle, or a stacked leather, but I ended up with a bigger chopper, a Bussey FBMLE, so I sold the Trail master off for $150. Now, in hind sight, I'm wishing I had kept it, and rehandled it.

Also, Cold Steel should release a micarta, and a stag, and a stacked leather handle version!

This thread turned fun in a hurry!

I believe some one predicted a meltdown and a banning, and it happened before the end of the page!

You're yet another new face with no manners I've seen again and again in the time I've been here. After your grievance is communicated with the tact of a donkey, you will likely be chastised by a mod and will either be banned after you do not listen to the mod, or you will simply not post again.

As as per what Kwang said, If he used good tac, perhaps he would have stuck aroun a while longer.

Back