SRK and Master Hunter Handle Issues

OK cool I never purposefully came into the sub forum it was in the new posts. And I was only joining the conversation follow my posts, With my opinion on on other posts. So its what ever. Fallkniven given both are made in the same factory are more than likely copies with different dimensions. Flame on. I guess. I doubt am going to buy either so I have no dog in the fight.

OK then I take back basic bowie pattern. And maintain at least they aren't the same blanks with different stamps. I'm not sure l was trying to convince anyone that fallkniven was doing anything impressive or not. I never trashed on the TrailMaster at all.
Only CS ads, suing CRKT and what they consider abuse. Those are nice Bowie's are those yours?
I don't think that Hattori uses blanks.

DSC_0750b1.jpg

The Tor is a ripoff of the AUS8A Trailmaster. Here are the big bowies that Hattori has made all lined up.

DSC_0750b1.jpg

The Tor is a ripoff of the AUS8A Trailmaster. Here are the big bowies that Hattori has made all lined up.

Nice line up. They are sweet looking. Any chance SOG are same plant only ask because they sell Bowie looking pig stickers also of aus8.... As do many other companies I suppose.

DSC_0750b1.jpg

That is my Bowie collection. The Thor was introduced in 2002 whereas the Trail Master goes back further.

"lobo9ner; Nice line up. They are sweet looking. Any chance SOG are same plant only ask because they sell Bowie looking pig stickers also of aus8.... As do many other companies I suppose."

Regarding SOG, Hattori made the original S1 and S2 bowies and their several limited editions.
The rest of SOG's fixed blades were made by Kinryu, also of Seki. SOG's folders have always been made by G.Sakai.
Cold Steel's Aus8/VG1/VG1Sanmai SRK and Recon Tanto are made by Kinryu. All the Japan made Cold Steel folders
were made by G.Sakai.

SOG's only real "big Bowie" was the Tigershark which was originally SK5 carbon steel with a convex grind. They later changed to Aus6.
SOG did not use Aus8 until after they moved production from Seki to Taiwan in 2006/2007.

That is my Bowie collection. The Thor was introduced in 2002 whereas the Trail Master goes back further.

"lobo9ner; Nice line up. They are sweet looking. Any chance SOG are same plant only ask because they sell Bowie looking pig stickers also of aus8.... As do many other companies I suppose."

Regarding SOG, Hattori made the original S1 and S2 bowies and their several limited editions.
The rest of SOG's fixed blades were made by Kinryu, also of Seki. SOG's folders have always been made by G.Sakai.
Cold Steel's Aus8/VG1/VG1Sanmai SRK and Recon Tanto are made by Kinryu. All the Japan made Cold Steel folders
were made by G.Sakai.

SOG's only real "big Bowie" was the Tigershark which was originally SK5 carbon steel with a convex grind. They later changed to Aus6.
SOG did not use Aus8 until after they moved production from Seki to Taiwan in 2006/2007.
Do you know by chance where the VG1 San Mai III R1 Military was made?

Does that include the Shinobus and Clip Mates? I'm just curious if Cold Steel started with G.Sakai.

Nice collection, by the way!

-Steve

Yes as far as I have determined G.Sakai was the exclusive for the CS folders. Which I why I get a kick out of
spyderco fans who knock CS. LOL
And thanks!

Yes it was made by Hattori along with the SM BBC.
They say that KAI does Emerson better than Emerson. The VG1 SM3 R1 was Hattori doing the 440B Randall Model 1 better than Randall.

I have owned one in the past, and sold it. Regret it, and will get another someday.

They say that KAI does Emerson better than Emerson. The VG1 SM3 R1 was Hattori doing the 440B Randall Model 1 better than Randall.

I have owned one in the past, and sold it. Regret it, and will get another someday.

I have heard such views from people who had both. I have a VG1 SM R1 but I am still waiting for my
Randall Model 1. So I am looking forward to comparing for myself.

Back