Stag Saturday - Let's See Some Traditional Stag!

XA3QuOg.jpg

Not all stag is created equal. Here are a couple of my least appealing examples. :(
I like this big Marbles leg knife with the smooth white bone handle. It also alledgedly has a stag spacer up near the bolster:
leg.mark.Vopen.onback.jpg

This Frost/Miller Bros. mini copperhead is a disappointing knife overall, but at least it has a "Deer Stag Horn Handle":
mch.mark.closed.box.side.jpg

- GT

If you want to preserve your stag properly, leave the oils off of it. Stag does not contain oil naturally and if the Maker thought it needed it-it would.
A coat of paste wax or neutral shoe polish buffed with a shoe brush will keep it shiny and protected.

Is "Sheffield stag Saturday" a thing?
jW3XFaS.jpg

czvkfxC.jpg

Like that! Nice rustic rugged Stag that the English used to be good at-very long time ago ;) You should show this in the Sheffield-A Golden Age thread too, lot of worthwhile items there.

Thanks, Will

Thanks Harry, it pales in comparison to this stack o stag:eek::eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Some of my Northfield Stag

Harry

Thanks Will:thumbsup: I'll post it over in your suggested thread, I've skimmed it a little, some great examples of Sheffield knives:thumbsup:

Like that! Nice rustic rugged Stag that the English used to be good at-very long time ago ;) You should show this in the Sheffield-A Golden Age thread too, lot of worthwhile items there.

Thanks, Will

Vintage Puukko Knife signed by "Johannes Lauri, Rovaniemi", (Lapland) Finland
Engraved Reindeer Antler
p0ZbPOZ.jpg

Interesting Scrim work on that Reindeer antler, also on the sheath where a male Reindeer is seen pulling a sleigh. It can happen, but they're not the best draught animals;)

Back