Stealth Run #006 - 112 Magnacut Honduran Rosewood

When talking about censorship,
Take a gander sometimes at the political thread here.
It seems the most active folks posting opinions are the moderators.

And it aint always pretty.

That will give you some perspective of how things are judged around here.

When talking about censorship,
Take a gander sometimes at the political thread here.
It seems the most active folks posting opinions are the moderators.

And it aint always pretty.

That will give you some perspective of how things are judged around here.
Glad YOU said it. Lol.

Irritatingly mine are supposed to deliver today but have not been scanned since arrival at the Spokane distribution center on January 16 at 6:06 p.m.

The 112 showed up today, pretty well done I would say, the sheath is a little baggy, but for now I will glue some soft deerskin on the inside to tighten it up as the snap is not as secure as the one on the 110 sheath, works but a small hit while walking could unfasten it, so the glued in leather will snug up the fit of the knife. Down the road, if it needs, I can make my own sheath but I'll get the use of this one for now.

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

Here you can see how much gap there is on the left sheath of the 112

both open and close smoothly and lock up solid

Very well done Buck Knives Inc. Buck Knives Inc. and for the 110 thanks DocJekl DocJekl getting that drove me to buying the 112 ;)
G2

A small piece of deer skin, very soft, it will act like a cushion around the knife so it snugs up the fit. about 3" by 2" section. Since the piece of leather isn't being glued up for strength, you don't have to do the usual contact cement process of putting glue on each part and wait until tacky. That would make it pretty difficult to get the piece in there if you tried that, much bad words would be spoken if you did ;)
So just apply contact cement, I use Weldwood from walmart, onto the back of the deer skin, and the using some popsicle sticks insert it into the sheath and I use that metal ruler to push the skin into position and make sure there were no sections that folded up under themselves, use a light so you can make sure it's flat and smooth around the inside of the sheath.

So now if the flap comes undone, there is far less chance that the knife could bounce out, where before I believe that could happen too easily.

G2

Last edited:
A small piece of deer skin, very soft, it will act like a cushion around the knife so it snugs up the fit. about 3" by 2" section. Since the piece of leather isn't being glued up for strength, you don't have to do the usual contact cement process of putting glue on each part and wait until tacky. That would make it pretty difficult to get the piece in there if you tried that, much bad words would be spoken if you did ;)
So just apply contact cement, I use Weldwood from walmart, onto the back of the deer skin, and the using some popsicle sticks insert it into the sheath and I use that metal ruler to push the skin into position and make sure there were no sections that folded up under themselves, use a light so you can make sure it's flat and smooth around the inside of the sheath.

So now if the flap comes undone, there is far less chance that the knife could bounce out, where before I believe that could happen too easily.

G2
The added benefit to what you did is, you covered the bottom of the snap. Now it can't wear on your pretty wood scale.

From my experience carrying a 110 for decades, I don't think there was much chance of the knife falling out of the sheath however. Snapped or unsnapped.

O.B.

Has happened to me before. Knife just showed up one day.

I had called them the other day about the119 in Magnacut that I ordered over the phone on Monday. They said that with phone orders things work differently, and they don't email a confirmation or tracking. They don't have a procedure in place yet for adding phone orders to the online orders with you.

Also, I asked about my online account having disappeared when I went to order the Buck 110 Stealth Run on Jan 10th. Nobody was available to take my call so I emailed. They called me back the next day as requested. I stated that I had to create a new account, because when I tried to do a password recovery in case all PW were reset, it didn't recognize ANY of my email addresses.

They said they had recently migrated all the accounts to a new system, and that many accounts were lost in the process. There is no way to recover a record of all of my many previous orders in the past, including a 119 in 3V, 4-5 BOTM including brass 112 50th anniversary, a 50th anniversary 112 in nickel silver, a Vantage LE in Damasteel and Blue Richlite (one of 88), a carbon fiber stockman LE, a Canoe, a tooth pick, and 4-5 others (all those online records lost, but I have email receipts).

Lastly, on the call they agreed to have me return my 112 Stealth in Magnacut to repair or replace, because the edge was very sharp and even, but it looked like they had taken off enough steel for several years worth of sharpening. They were very helpful over the phone and seemed genuinely interested in making me happy. I told them I liked the color of my covers and the centering, but the blade was ground down too much (see pics earlier in this thread).

Overall happy with their customer service. Hopefully they'll start handling phone orders differently if we keep asking. Also, this 112 is the only one out of over a dozen I've had to send back to repair or exchange.

That's odd about the fit of the 112 sheaths. Are they all like that?

Ironbut Ironbut , dunno about anyone else but it was far too loose, the knife would fall out easily just handling it on the table when the flap was open. Just a little too loose, the leather I added does protect against the inside part of the snap and as the leather goes from one side to the other, the knife will press against the sides which also draws the front in slightly so now it has a bit more retention on the knife, mucho bettero.

G2

Ironbut Ironbut , dunno about anyone else but it was far too loose, the knife would fall out easily just handling it on the table when the flap was open. Just a little too loose, the leather I added does protect against the inside part of the snap and as the leather goes from one side to the other, the knife will press against the sides which also draws the front in slightly so now it has a bit more retention on the knife, mucho bettero.

G2
I wondered, because I wanted to get one of the distressed brown 112 sheaths for my old 422. They're the same size as the 112.....I think.

I just checked the USPS tracking and they finally updated (the only previous entry was the label print on 15JAN24). The tracking info shows delivery today by 21:00.

We shall see, USPSA . . . we shall see.

If you all hear screaming and maniacal laughter later today, that will mean the package arrived. If you hear weeping and sobbing after that, it means that I decided to be a good person for once and give the 112 to my brother.

Yes . . . oh, yes . . .

My preciousssss . . .

iu

I received my 112s today. I'm a little disappointed in the boxes. I like to keep the boxes for all my knives. For both knives, I had to cut off the cardboard sleeve around the box. The sleeve would not slide off. Yeah, I know it's just a sleeve but none of my other knives are like that. I wonder if they made a box/sleeve change?

I received my 112s today. I'm a little disappointed in the boxes. I like to keep the boxes for all my knives. For both knives, I had to cut off the cardboard sleeve around the box. The sleeve would not slide off. Yeah, I know it's just a sleeve but none of my other knives are like that. I wonder if they made a box/sleeve change?

My 112 sleeve was extra tight also. Didn't have to cut it off, but it was noticeable.

I've cut off 5 or 6 of the sleeves..I really really tried on one to keep it perfect but after 20 minutes of struggle gave up. I have also never ever seen a 112 shieth that loose/big!! If I get one like that I'll pair it with a fat Stag 112 I have that barley, just barely, fits the shieth it came with. My 2 should be here Tuesday..

My 112 sleeve was extra tight also. Didn't have to cut it off, but it was noticeable.

I've cut off 5 or 6 of the sleeves..I really really tried on one to keep it perfect but after 20 minutes of struggle gave up. I have also never ever seen a 112 shieth that loose/big!! If I get one like that I'll pair it with a fat Stag 112 I have that barley, just barely, fits the shieth it came with. My 2 should be here Tuesday..

Hmmm . . . the sleeves on both of my boxes slide off and back on without trouble.

Back