• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Steven Ketchen <spketch> MIA: Overbooked? Off the grid? Lost his phone? What's up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna contact the Det. tomorrow <if I make time for it> and inform him of my intentions and get Ketchen's actual physical address...all I got is a PO box and his shop location.

If you guys want to email me at noxdave69@gmail I'll give you the physical address and phone number I have.
CF1969

Thanks for the info. Tried to call Steve.. no ring tone just a msg has been forewarded.. it appears he is avoiding all contact. Not surprised. I am done.. he either contacts me or I call the detective on Thursday, unless Petey twoptone gets lucky.

Yeah it seems he's going to let this go the full route. That's what happens to people that are in a bad way they just think if I ignore it it will all go away sad but true. Total shame it had to come to this talent totally wasted and then ignorance not helping out. Steve if you are reading this fix it if the knives are gone man up and tell the people they are gone and work to make it right. With a detective contacting you I'm sure you have read this thread and know these customers aren't going away. Are a few knives worth a record? very sad situation buddy very sad.

Ketchens phone has been turned off and full message box not too long after this thread started. I had my last contact with him about two days after Pete started this, then he shut it down and the mailbox filled up like a day or two later.

I also don't really buy the part about Ketchen telling LE he still has our knives. Now I have not talked with LE with exception of my initial call to them to add myself to the list of people he stole from. However, he's a proven thief and liar now, he's going to say anything to anybody to try to snivel out of this. Did the detective actually see our knives when he went to see Steve? Of course Steve is going to say he has them. Why did he try to bait others into sending knives to him? To just build a collection? Or is it because he has the ability and connections to sell these knives quickly to fund his latest addiction, whatever that may be.

I also don't think Steve comes back to read this thread. He knows what he's done. I doubt he comes back to read about how much of a POS he his. He knows. If he does occasionally come back to read, it's not because he ashamed, it's only to see what actions are being taken against him.

I trust the Det. asked Ketchen if he had our knives in his posession...it would have served very little purpose for him to ask to be shown them...the Det. has no idea what our knives look like-- Ketchen could have just shown him some random blades. I'm pretty sure no one specified specific models-- at least I didn't, I just gave a monetary value and # of knives.

I'm sure LE asked about the knives, but I am almost certain Steve does not possess our knives anymore. He lied to that guy just as he's lied to us.

Steve does not possess our knives anymore.
Wouldn't surprise me one bit...but I still plan on giving him one more out, that way I'll know for sure he's rotten...I still have a small glimmer of hope he might really have just gotten overwhelmed and it broke his spirit.

From my conversation with the Detective he stated he did not see the knives. He said that Ketchen was real shook up when talked with him and basically gave him a week to contact all involved. He further stated that if Steve had not contacted us to give Jim a call this Thursday and he would revisit him and commence tearing his house apart.

What I am having difficulty wrapping my head around is from what I read and was told by the Detective is that he is a family man.. wife and kids. Unless she is involved how could he hide an addiction... the cost is prohibitive and one does not function well on drugs especially opioids. Or did,he get into a financial bind and try to make some quick cash with our knives and like in my case cash checks. Whatever it is he is one selfish stupid dude , he is putting his families well being on the line along with the possibility of a felony arrest.
If it were me I would be contacting folks and saying hey I messed up can we work this out it will take me some time but I will make it right.

Another thing that had me scratching my bean was someone posted a pick of Spidie Gayle Bradley 2 that they had received when this all started to blow up. And why rip off some customers that have used his serices in the past. Mystery upon mystery.

As Pete mentioned he could have shown the detective any handful of knives and say those were the ones. My main thing is Steve has been lying to all of us for a good while now. He's going to continue to do so, to us, the police, etc.

And yes he is a family man. If you look on his IG account, there's a picture or two of him and a kid or two iirc. And no activity on that account either since Dec 2016 I believe. I occasionally look to see if a XHP Millie ever shows up for sale....

I also at one point (I think I mentioned this previously) asked Steve to return the knife, in whatever shape it was in, to me after I started to get concerned (late June\early July). Offered the pre paid box as well. He did everything he could to talk me out of it, which of course I gave him the BOTD. I'm pretty sure my knife was long out of his possession at this point.

Yup...he WAS delivering on certain jobs for some reason pretty far into the scam he was running on us. That's what initially got me steamed. He gave me sob story upon sob story for why he couldn't get started on mine and I found out thru friends he was working them in and getting them out the door.

It is a mystery...the guy was as solid as the day is long for quite a long run...that's what pushes me to give him "just one more chance." Hell, the Det. said he didn't even have a speeding ticket and he was visibly shaken by being talked to by LE.

But, on the counterpoint...it would follow that such a clean guy who was so affected by having a LEO knock on his door and dealt with in such a frank manner would be INSTANTLY MOVED TO GET HIS ASS IN GEAR AND DO THE RIGHT THING!!! And still all were getting is stone walls and crickets.

A riddle wrapped in mystery inside an enigma...

The more I contemplate this dumpster fire, the worse it gets.
I'm just thinking numbers now......if I followed through with the work I wanted him to do, I would've sent him well over $1,000 in knives and cash.

I'm sure we haven't heard from all the people stuck in this mess.......we are talking about a serious amount of money here. The more I think about it, the more pissed off I become.
He is robbing people without a gun.
Damn.

It's been said in this thread so many times.....all he had to do was come up with some bullshit for us and we all would have given him the time he needed to straighten this out.
The road he took, going dark, is the worst possible road he could've gone down.
Joe

Understood John........but this reminds me of Invasion of the Body Snatchers.
The way he's acting now is 180° from the way he was not very long ago.
At this point.....I'm convinced though.
Joe

When someone shows you what they are, believe them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back