• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Steven Ketchen <spketch> MIA: Overbooked? Off the grid? Lost his phone? What's up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see anyone stepping up to take Steve's back here, at all.
At this point, there are no excuses possible. The only thing that should be done now is to get every member's knife back to them......whether the work is done or not.
I am quite sure no one aware of this behavior will ever send Steve another knife, or another penny.
And I was a very satisfied customer who recommended him constantly.
No more.
Joe

This isn't really how one goes about earning redemption. It's nice you're all willing to go beyond a reasonable doubt to support this guy but this isn't the person you've dealt with in the past. There's a new reality and this isn't someone you should send money or products too.

Day's not over yet Peter!!
Hoping you guys are pleasantly surprised by end of day.
There will be absolutely NO excuse if he doesn't come through this time.

Day's not over yet Peter!!
Hoping you guys are pleasantly surprised by end of day.
There will be absolutely NO excuse if he doesn't come through this time.
The patience ALL of those involved here have shown is absolutely remarkable...nuff said.

Well Pete all we got going now is your paypal challenge... hopefully they kick him Square in the ass and get his attention . Other than that he has shown himself a lying lowlife. Glad I didn't hold my breath I would be purple of face and bug eyed waiting for confirmation He was doing the right thing. Sad.

Well Pete all we got going now is your paypal challenge... hopefully they kick him Square in the ass and get his attention . Other than that he has shown himself a lying lowlife. Glad I didn't hold my breath I would be purple of face and bug eyed waiting for confirmation He was doing the right thing. Sad.
Ernest...I thought there was a small chance he'd actually ship some knives today...should've known better.

There's one day left to wait for a response from him via PayPal-- if he don't respond, I think I get my $410 back undisputed <I think>. I'll still be out $60 for the ctek and my 4 knives are still in his possession-- an additional $500 in value, conservatively. At that point I'll give him one more comm. via email and text and call, at which time if there's still no response I'll look into other options.

Pete
I hope,PayPal works for you. What I can't understand is why he is telling people that their knives will ship when he seems to have no intentions of doing so. I could talk to the Sheriff here but not sure if he could or would do anything.. maybe call the sheriff in Steves district and give him a heads up, but that is iffy even tho

Pete my keyboard froze up... was going to finish with even though I worked with him and for him for 20 years. But will be a ghost for 'r. Ketchen and if he tries to start up again and I find out I will warn others of,his character.

Pete my keyboard froze up... was going to finish with even though I worked with him and for him for 20 years. But will be a ghost for 'r. Ketchen and if he tries to start up again and I find out I will warn others of,his character.

You worked for the sheriff in Clinton, Mass?

If so, what makes you feel like he won't knock on Ketchen's door?

Pete

No kitsap Co. Wa. State..... it's a bit of stretch to think he could maybe make a sheriff to sheriff phone call... sometimes the good old boy network works..but then I am retired now and don't have the contact with him I used to... but next time I meet I will talk with him about this situation.

No kitsap Co. Wa. State..... it's a bit of stretch to think he could maybe make a sheriff to sheriff phone call... sometimes the good old boy network works..but then I am retired now and don't have the contact with him I used to... but next time I meet I will talk with him about this situation.

Ok, gotcha. If he won't / can't intervene he'll probably be able to give some advice...THANKS!

Still no tracking info and my contact attempts today proved unsuccessfull I'm sorry to report.

Edit: at least I received the shipping notice for my first BFC forum knife today, really looking forward to that!

Last edited:
Still no tracking info and my contact attempts today proved unsuccessfull I'm sorry to report.

Edit: at least I received the shipping notice for my first BFC forum knife today, really looking forward to that!

I was afraid of that...and I had a bad feeling even when you first posted that he'd "promised" shipping...yah, right...I've heard that one multiple times before.

Anyways, I'm glad you've got something to look forward for from the postman!

This was the 3rd deadline missed so I wasn't betting the farm on it. I was just hoping that a honest resolution was on the way for all of us. ☺

Soooo, what if anything is being officially done with this guy? :confused: Is this another "we're waiting until he makes everybody good"? :rolleyes: ROTSARUK! ;) Or did I miss something entirely (not all that unusual). o_O

Ernest...I thought there was a small chance he'd actually ship some knives today...should've known better.

There's one day left to wait for a response from him via PayPal-- if he don't respond, I think I get my $410 back undisputed <I think>. I'll still be out $60 for the ctek and my 4 knives are still in his possession-- an additional $500 in value, conservatively. At that point I'll give him one more comm. via email and text and call, at which time if there's still no response I'll look into other options.
Any luck with PayPal Pete... good luck with sending Ketchen a email as he tends to ignore them if he even reads them anymore.

This is a depiction of the dispute continuum from PayPal's site:

dispute --> escalation --> awaiting Ketchen's response --> requesting P2.1's action --> Review by PayPal --> Closed

Although this is the 11th day of the escalation, PayPal is still showing "awaiting Ketchen's response." Probably updates at midnight, not sure, this is my first go-round with a PP dispute. :(

So, as far as I can tell Ketchen is ignoring- or, at least-- choosing not to dispute my claims. Who knows how far I am out from getting my cash back. As for my property...that's even more up in the air, but I'm counting on having to turn that over to the authorities also. :thumbsdown:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back