• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Still no knife from Dale Chudzinski

I have filed a complaint with the New York Atty General's office, as linked to above.

I am also sending mail to the abuse dept at tripod, where Dale maintains his site. That email is abuse@tripod.com. I would encourage others to do the same.

hackle

Thanks, I've also contacted Tripod. At least maybe we can keep him from stealing other people's money.

I don`t really feel that i can complain about Dale anymore, since i`ve gotten what i ordered from him. But i will never tell other people not to complain to the authorities, so you guys just do what you feel is necessary.
I really wish it wouldn`t come to it, but as it has, there is no reason to fight it.
Especially so, when he`s brought it on himself.

"I can't believe I read the Whoooole thing!" I'm just an outsider lookin in, but I have learned something from this thread, thank you all for sharing your experiences.

It has been educational and shocking! If I ever order a custom I will check these forums and ask questions. Your "hard lessons" I will take to heart, you did accomplish something, if only to teach me where "NOT" to tread! Thank you all for covering our backs and sharing all you've been through...

I`m still curious if anyone has received their knife, or any emails or anything from Dale.
No need to bump it, since it`s stickied, but i still want to hear, if anyone gets word from Dale.
So, if anyone has received emails, calls, letters, or in any other way gotten through to Dale, please post here and tell us.

There is a blacksmith that lives over the hill from me. I gave him my Chudzinski Nessmuk and asked him if he could make one like it. I'm going over to pick it up in about a week and will report back. He has about a 5 month backlog but if he can come close he might be an option if you wanted one really close to Dales.

We did a passaround of one of Scotts and it's a really nice blade too. Bigger wider than Dales but only slightly thicker. A great slicer just like Dales. Scott, as previously mentioned is a great guy to deal with and super nice.

Another person who makes thin Nessmuks is Kid Coteau

http://www.kidcouteau.com/knife_gallery.html

I don't think he has a pic of one on his site but there's a pic of one toward the end of the thread here posted by Swampman:

http://ramanon.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38454

I contacted Kid about a Nessmuk a while back. He quoted a fair price, but he wanted payment in full up front. That fact alone turned me off the deal. He is probably as honest as the day is long, but I would prefer to deal with someone who only requires a deposit.

I contacted Kid about a Nessmuk a while back. He quoted a fair price, but he wanted payment in full up front. That fact alone turned me off the deal. He is probably as honest as the day is long, but I would prefer to deal with someone who only requires a deposit.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=460832

nice guy made that for me. took about 4ish months, and he didn't ask for a red cent until he had the thing in a box, and he called several times during and after to see what i wanted, and if i got it, and did i like it. you can't beg for service like that. sharp sharp knife. i'll be getting a cable damascus variant from him next :)

bladite

Guyon, PM me if you want the phone # of the other guy :thumbup:

Well, I am still waiting on a Back Country Utility ordered from Dale October 14, 2004. $160 paid by Paypal. (Paypal ID celltiques@aol.com); I had received a Nessmuk from him around Christmas 2004 and he was going to get the backcountry (lefty sheath) to me by Valentines Day 2005. These were birthday and Christmas presents from my wife. The delay did not bother me at that time, small businesses run into many obstacles to meeting deadlines.

I have sent many emails to Dale and he replied 'Sorry' or not at all. As everyone here has said, his knives are amazing but his business practices are a mess. I will keep trying. I also regularly pray for Dale. It seems life throws many challenges his way. If I have offended Dale by comments in any email, I sincerely apologize to him. It does hurt me to see a Tactical Knives article recommending his knives while so many of us have waited.

Dale, I still want that knife and will wait for it!

Psa. 27:14 Wait for the Lord; Be strong, and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the Lord.

I have complained to tripod as well. I still feel sorry for Dale, as I doubt he ever inteded to cheat people (there are far better ways to do *that* anyway), but I don't want to see any more folks get burned the way I and many here have been.

I can't believe i read the whole thing, it's like passing a car accident, you don't want to look but you just can't help yourself.

I think the main reason i read the whole thing was to see some redemption, i was hoping Dale would come through with his commitments and make good. Unfortunately there are just more people popping up with tales of woe although it was nice to see that Aarya received his knife.

It really makes one reluctant to enter the custom knife market, although the honest knife makers far outweigh the dishonest i'm sure.

The realy bad thing I see in this is it could make custom makers in general look bad....

G.
(maker I'm woried about is me....)

I paid dale for a knife in jan of this year. haven't heard from him, can't get in touch with him. I consider him to be a thief. It's a shame that a man will throw away his reputation for $150.00.

Back