1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

3. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Still no knife from Dale Chudzinski

Discussion in 'Hall of Shame' started by vashooter, Mar 28, 2006.

1. hackle

hackle

Feb 23, 2007
    I have filed a complaint with the New York Atty General's office, as linked to above.

I am also sending mail to the abuse dept at tripod, where Dale maintains his site. That email is [email protected]. I would encourage others to do the same.

hackle

2. Mark Lewis

Mark Lewis

Feb 28, 2006
    Thanks, I've also contacted Tripod. At least maybe we can keep him from stealing other people's money.

3. aarya

aarya

Jun 21, 2006
    I don`t really feel that i can complain about Dale anymore, since i`ve gotten what i ordered from him. But i will never tell other people not to complain to the authorities, so you guys just do what you feel is necessary.
    I really wish it wouldn`t come to it, but as it has, there is no reason to fight it.
    Especially so, when he`s brought it on himself.

4. Dantor

Dantor

Dec 14, 2006
    "I can't believe I read the Whoooole thing!" I'm just an outsider lookin in, but I have learned something from this thread, thank you all for sharing your experiences.

It has been educational and shocking! If I ever order a custom I will check these forums and ask questions. Your "hard lessons" I will take to heart, you did accomplish something, if only to teach me where "NOT" to tread! Thank you all for covering our backs and sharing all you've been through...

5. aarya

aarya

Jun 21, 2006
    I`m still curious if anyone has received their knife, or any emails or anything from Dale.
    No need to bump it, since it`s stickied, but i still want to hear, if anyone gets word from Dale.
    So, if anyone has received emails, calls, letters, or in any other way gotten through to Dale, please post here and tell us.

6. Guyon

Guyon Biscuit Whisperer Staff Member Super Mod

Mar 15, 2000
    I contacted Kid about a Nessmuk a while back. He quoted a fair price, but he wanted payment in full up front. That fact alone turned me off the deal. He is probably as honest as the day is long, but I would prefer to deal with someone who only requires a deposit.

7. Bladite

Bladite ǝɹnsıǝן ɟo uɐɯǝןʇuǝb Moderator

Feb 28, 2003
    http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=460832

nice guy made that for me. took about 4ish months, and he didn't ask for a red cent until he had the thing in a box, and he called several times during and after to see what i wanted, and if i got it, and did i like it. you can't beg for service like that. sharp sharp knife. i'll be getting a cable damascus variant from him next :)

bladite

8. hollowdweller

hollowdweller

Sep 22, 2003
    Guyon, PM me if you want the phone # of the other guy :thumbup:

9. Bladite

Bladite ǝɹnsıǝן ɟo uɐɯǝןʇuǝb Moderator

Feb 28, 2003
    totally! do it :) i LURVE mine

bladite

10. Guyon

Guyon Biscuit Whisperer Staff Member Super Mod

Mar 15, 2000
    PM not available for you here. I've PM'ed you "elsewhere."

11. agreatscot

agreatscot

Apr 19, 2004
    Well, I am still waiting on a Back Country Utility ordered from Dale October 14, 2004. $160 paid by Paypal. (Paypal ID [email protected]); I had received a Nessmuk from him around Christmas 2004 and he was going to get the backcountry (lefty sheath) to me by Valentines Day 2005. These were birthday and Christmas presents from my wife. The delay did not bother me at that time, small businesses run into many obstacles to meeting deadlines.

I have sent many emails to Dale and he replied 'Sorry' or not at all. As everyone here has said, his knives are amazing but his business practices are a mess. I will keep trying. I also regularly pray for Dale. It seems life throws many challenges his way. If I have offended Dale by comments in any email, I sincerely apologize to him. It does hurt me to see a Tactical Knives article recommending his knives while so many of us have waited.

Dale, I still want that knife and will wait for it!

Psa. 27:14 Wait for the Lord; Be strong, and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the Lord.

12. emmacat

emmacat

Sep 7, 2006
    I have complained to tripod as well. I still feel sorry for Dale, as I doubt he ever inteded to cheat people (there are far better ways to do *that* anyway), but I don't want to see any more folks get burned the way I and many here have been.

13. andy66

andy66

Apr 1, 2007
    I can't believe i read the whole thing, it's like passing a car accident, you don't want to look but you just can't help yourself.

I think the main reason i read the whole thing was to see some redemption, i was hoping Dale would come through with his commitments and make good. Unfortunately there are just more people popping up with tales of woe although it was nice to see that Aarya received his knife.

It really makes one reluctant to enter the custom knife market, although the honest knife makers far outweigh the dishonest i'm sure.

14. Mark Lewis

Mark Lewis

Feb 28, 2006
    Still no knife, reply, or money refunded. The man is a thief.

15. Mark Lewis

Mark Lewis

Feb 28, 2006
    Still no knife, refund, or reply to my attempted contacts.

16. emmacat

emmacat

Sep 7, 2006
    Yes, and complaining to Tripod is about as useful as tits on a bull.

17. Ice Tigre

Ice Tigre Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 17, 2004
    The realy bad thing I see in this is it could make custom makers in general look bad....

G.
    (maker I'm woried about is me....)

18. mike duggan

mike duggan

May 1, 2007
    I paid dale for a knife in jan of this year. haven't heard from him, can't get in touch with him. I consider him to be a thief. It's a shame that a man will throw away his reputation for $150.00.

19. Chip

Chip

May 17, 2000
    I had alot of faith in Dale coming through, guess I was wrong.:foot:

20. Mark Lewis

Mark Lewis

Feb 28, 2006
    Still nothing! Anyone have a valid phone number or email address?