• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Still no knife from Dale Chudzinski

yoo guys have to STOP giving money to guys then waiting..........I dont take pre payments as most makers I know do not as well.

i agree brian. there has been only 1 time i took payment before getting a knife made. i didnt have any choice either, the guy was bigger than me and made me take the money :D.

there are too many that demand 50% up front before they even begin work still.

there are quite a few that will blow scheduled deadlines, will reluctantly provide you a new date, and even get uppity when suggesting they should START finally...

and more than a handful, that will simply blow the deal, and even demand final payment. even then, you might be 1-2 years out from getting your knife. nice!

the reason? many of us are far too *nice* and patient. don't be. before you give anyone a penny, insist on a deadline, notices. make sure they have your email addresses and phone numbers. and for Groo's sake, the moment they blow a deadline, tell US. every excuse (my dog ate it), should be known. a few or two delay, sure, fine... but a month? uhm, no. a season? no way. a year? eff that.

fight! be uppity back. take your business elsewhere. spill the names so more people don't get burned.

and!!! demand shipping verification/insurance too. several instances of "well, i sent it, you shoulda got it, what's your problem"...

Bladite

Darn good points; and yes I was a sucker to pay up front. He did not ask me to, however (he might have asked for a deposit, I don't remember). Since my experience with craftspeople of all kinds has been so good, and since most are working hand-to-mouth, with such "working capital" as a credit card might permit, I thought it would be kind to play Daddy Warbucks and pay up front, because I was fortunate enough to be able to do so.

Thank God I read these forum posts (yes...all of them), I was seriously considering ordering a knife from this fellow...but not now !

Last edited:
Back