Stockman Sunday picture show

They had Case abalone in stockman, toothpick and maybe one or two other patterns in the Shepherd Hill Cutlery stores in Missouri last year. Around 200 some dollars iirc
Not the same thing. The one above is the Case Classic 8340 4 3/8" stockman. The 340 pattern was made in limited numbers, 9 different bone scales, 2 different stag scales, and 4 different types of exotic scales. The run was completed in the 1990s and is not available new anymore, only on the secondary market.
jk2Evyw.jpg

Not the same thing. The one above is the Case Classic 8340 4 3/8" stockman. The 340 pattern was made in limited numbers, 9 different bone scales, 2 different stag scales, and 4 different types of exotic scales. The run was completed in the 1990s and is not available new anymore, only on the secondary market.
jk2Evyw.jpg
Yeah, I figured you must've had a limited run when you said it was one of 4.
Great looking knife and rare, good stuff!!

315 315 Thank you, Black Box W's offer some very good patterns and decent bone, still can find them at a reasonable cost too(shhhhh!:))

Reactions: 315
When new, now it's been carried a fair bit and patinated. A very good type of Stockman in my view, low rider Sheepfoot, compact, great W&T and the bone is worthy.

Up3O4jU.jpg

Without a doubt, some of the best jigging by any company on a modern knife (and they are getting “old” at 28-32 years). Nice knife. OH

Frontier Stockman from 1976. My dad said you could buy these from our local hardware store for less than $10.00 out the door! The small ranching community that I grew up in Nevada during the 1970s favored yellow knives...as they said, "when you're ankle deep in mud and cow sh*t, yellow will be easier to find when you drop your knife." That actually was true! I never really used it at the time...stuck with my 1975 Case. Really like it now though!

1pATdCQ.jpg

What an awesome thread! I am a sucker for a good stockman. I mostly carry them. This Moore Maker 5301 (Queen made from the ‘90s) has been in my pocket for more than 5 months.... my 5 year old picked out a very nice trapper for me for Father’s Day, guess I’ll be carrying a trapper for awhile now.
BB65FD58-B845-44EC-96E2-610A577AA6B8.jpeg
47B3EB5A-F303-4CEA-B2A9-101C8438CD98.jpeg

Back