Stockman Sunday picture show

rP9lgCvh.jpg

I call it a Stockman with a punch:thumbsup:

My latest. Is it a stockman? No Sheep’s foot blade...Is it a cattle knife? It’s equal ended but square not round and it is mildly serpentine...

Buck called it the Rancher so I guess they didn’t want to commit.
View attachment 1346553

Very nice Queen! I see why its a favorite :thumbsup: And yes bring on the punch Stockmans:thumbsup:

7WbPX8n.jpg

My precious.. Queen #49 in Amber Carved Stag Bone. Minty fresh, non-dfc, Peter's finest D2 tool steel.
JNl7rl3.jpg

Golden orange ridges and deep, brown canyons on this one. Good specimen of this bone, at least the traits I like about this cut, anyway. Sharp and smooth at the same time.

vuFTb0W.jpg

An uncommon Ulster/Schrade prince Albert tobacco prize. (It was Prince Albert, wasn't it? I never pursued the cans, but got a user of all three knives of that offer). Possibly the best looking combo of blades I've seen on a stockman. It makes for such a slick looking knife. If i could hack together one of these in a #61 old timer frame with that big ol Persian clip it would be great, since I find this one to be a bit small.

Now, here is a pair of my favorite roughnecks, Camilus #89, big ol carbon steel chunker:
ukFMRn6.jpg

And a (probably Camillus mfg) Western #742 stainless fatboy. This one is very satisfying. Its got the girth, thick springs and frames a 4.25"+ size stockman usually has, but in a frame just a touch longer than your #8OT size stockman. Great work knife, plus whatever stainless that is actually gets very sharp without turning into a mushy burr factory.
1iJtvAK.jpg

Stockman are my favorites.
We counting punch stockmen too?

Schrade Minuteman Medium Stockman, built on Ulster 58OT frame, from Bicentennial era.
Schrade-MM2-Minuteman-1775-1975.jpg

Ulster 58OT, late 1960's, that belonged to my Grandfather and later to my Dad - I've had it 8 - 10 years now.
Ulster-58-OT-Old-Timer.jpg

Small selection of Schrade USA and Ulster Stockman pattern pocketknives from a Penknife to a Jumbo. OH
Schrade-Ulster-Stockman-pattern-knives.jpg

Back