• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Strider Knives, Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What "quality" are you speaking of, Keith? The knives have always been mediocre, overpriced and overhyped at BEST. Some of them have been so downright poorly crafted and ill-conceived they are practically offensive! But you know, people let those little details slide because they were extensively "Battle tested". Most of the knives are cobbled together, laser/water cut, CNC ground, beadblasted lumps of dreck. (To use more Yiddish terminology..)

The fixed blades do have nice sheaths, though.

Even so, the information provided here has not changed the quality of the knives, no matter what that quality might be.

This thread is a good candidate for the Hall of Shame forum. That way it will be there for all to read without it having to be stickied, and only important information will be posted in this thread after it is moved there. In my opinion, the other monster Strider thread should also be put there. That way, if a person has a couple of weeks, they can read the whole sordid story.

In my opinion, the other monster Strider thread should also be put there. That way, if a person has a couple of weeks, they can read the whole sordid story.

Let me save everyone a whole lot of time reading 10,000 posts about Duane Dwyer and Mick Strider.

They didn't do any of the special ops things they claimed to have done. They made up those stories to sell more knives.

If you got caught in their trap, Sorry.

Went to Shot Show today.

Went to Strider booth.

Left a message for Duane who was not there. Mick saw me, we talked privately and I'm going to keep the content of our conversation private out of respect for Mick.

Darryl Bolke was not there as well.

Saw "SB" in person and he said he was sorry for not posting as he said he would on friday afternoon. I brought up what Horned Toad said (he does not know HT and NEVER had a conversation like that) and of course Horned Toads' story was all BS as usual.

Shot Show was great saw a lot of friends, products and Warriors.

For all you (NOT SURE WHAT TO PUT HERE YET) It NEVER was about the QUALITY/STYLE etc of their KNIVES. I have stated many times in BOOKS that many here are not aware of I'm in, that their KNIVES are AWESOME WORKHORSES...

Those that muddied it all by OBFUSCATING/COUNTER ACCUSING etc. ad nausem whatever your purpose is deal with it.

You without question had your facts off track.

P.S. for you sore losers make it be known that

Point in fact I will not comment PERIOD...

YOUR PETTY insults to follow mean NOTHING to me I can guarantee.

Tamigoshi, I am sure you are something special but I hope I never see one of your posts again.
The Bold font and capitalization of words makes you look silly
"I have stated many times in BOOKS that many here are not aware of I'm in,
What BOOKS? what is that about? Why did you capitalize "books"
What you say is just a load of riddles that makes little sense.

I'm glad you brought that up because when I first read it I too was a little confused so I decided to look into it. As far as I know Kevin McClung has never told anyone he was CIA but then how would one know unless they are Valerie Plame and outed as CIA.

I looked into this situation when it was thrown in as evidence that Kevin was a liar and guess what? It turns out that at worst he is guilty of bad writing but has not committed any Military Fraud and is not a Military Poser. I don't believe the book was ever published and there was not much interest in it, it certainly has played no factor in Mad Dog Knives being advertised to the best of my knowledge.

Maybe somewhere out there in cyberspace there is a group of Ex-CIA Officers who investigate Phony Clandestine CIA Operatives and Black Op False Flag Operations and maybe they have access to Top Secret Files and when they seek out Kevin McClungs file it would prove he was in fact a Data Technician and nothing more.

Maybe there is a group of writers somewhere that are very concerned with protecting the good names of writers that will investigate Kevin McClung and prove he is a bad writer or that at least that he has participated in writing a bad book in what I understand was a first attempt at writing fiction and was never intended as an autobiography faithful to detailed facts about his real life.

you mean he's not a remorseless anti communist death dealer lol?? come on now lol. it was supposed to be FICTION??

irregardless of what the outcome of all this is i wouldnt believe mad dog if he told me the sun will rise in the morning,

i dont know that the accusers are any better than the accused in this situation, i would like to see everyone in court, under oath, man, everyone would think the circus is in town. what a bunch lol. everyone involved could probably use some couch time.

it will take a lot more than mad dog to make me buy all this, not to say there isnt a lot more than mad dog involved.

and yes it does appear the strider guys are full of bullshit. i still dont understand, "WHY", oh well go figure.

i also can BARELY fathom WTF lance is going on about, now he's in books and such, wowee dowee i am impressed to no end lol.

Finally it is finished.

Not in my opinion until he:

1. Apologizes for dishonoring my beloved Corps, real Scout Snipers, and all Combat Veterans.

2. Makes a full disclosure of his real bio. (not just saying "okay, I wasn't a Marine Scout Sniper".)

Using "Stolen Valor" to market a product or a company is disgraceful.

So much for Semper Fidelis.

I have not been involved in this issue more than a couple of small posts.
I thought there would have been more replies considering the size of this thread.
Any thoughts from Team Strider?
I like to see both sides of a situation.

Saw "SB" in person and he said he was sorry for not posting as he said he would on friday afternoon. I brought up what Horned Toad said (he does not know HT and NEVER had a conversation like that) and of course Horned Toads' story was all BS as usual.

Well you are right he does not know me. Sorry but I am not posting our conversation from the PMs is the open.

SOCNET proving that Duane’s background is not as claimed does not mean your all that and a ball of wax. It means Duane’s not what he claimed plain and simple. If anyone knew you outside of this issue I think some folks with the ability to check some of your claims would start to take a look them. Since SOCNET and to some extant Pownetwork got done what you couldn’t, now would probably be a good time to head back to ya'lls little forum where ya'll can get back to editing and banning.

Wow, I went to bed last night womdering how this was going to play out today. I didn't expect the "shoot the messenger" posts.

To my knowledge I have never met nor spoken to Lance Harris. I don't care whether he bolds his posts or has a different style of writing them.

Lance, thank you for seeing this through and putting up with all the shots that were and will be taken, so you could speak the truth. The truth of the matter was always the question, not anybody else, not knife quality, but the truth of one issue. It doesn't matter whether there was any other agenda, the truth of one important issue, ethics, was run to ground.

My hat is off to you.

To those who tried to sidetrack, derail, fog, obfuscate, deny or stand by a friend, the truth is now out. You have to deal with that. Shooting the messenger, further denials or obfuscations mean nothing, you have to deal with the reality ofa truth, not moral relativism.

Duane has some loyal friends who have posted. I hope you will at least stand by him now that he really will need some friends. But the time for pot shots about it is over.

Gene

"I'm not sure how Strider Company will be able to survive this one.....who knows?"

I didn't post the name of the person who posted this comment because my reply is not directed to them individually but to this notion in general.

This same thing has been said time and time again when these threads have faired up yet the reality is that the company does not seem to be hurting for business. They are making knives and selling knives every day. No matter where you stand on the issue the reality is that this is not likely going to change anything for Strider. They will continue making knives and they will continue to sell knives. For some that is good news and for some they will be disappointed that this thread did the company no real harm. The reality is that this thread along with ones in the past and like many others on the internet on a variety of other topics will have little real impact one way or another.

"I'm not sure how Strider Company will be able to survive this one.....who knows?"

I didn't post the name of the person who posted this comment because my reply is not directed to them individually but to this notion in general.

This same thing has been said time and time again when these threads have faired up yet the reality is that the company does not seem to be hurting for business. They are making knives and selling knives every day. No matter where you stand on the issue the reality is that this is not likely going to change anything for Strider. They will continue making knives and they will continue to sell knives. For some that is good news and for some they will be disappointed that this thread did the company no real harm. The reality is that this thread along with ones in the past and like many others on the internet on a variety of other topics will have little real impact one way or another.

Well, you know very little about the knife business then.

Strider is basically an "internet phenomena". They have a limited dealer network and do very little direct to consumer print adverts. They have become a factor because of "viral" word of mouth and network marketing online. This thread has been noted by thousands of their core customers-internet focused consumers. If you think this will not impact their business then you are misinformed.

Gene Martin,

I wiil address you since you have earned my respect SIR.

You are in the circles I hang with reffered to as a FINE GENTLEMAN and some day I hope for the opportunity to meet you.

You are correct and get it with regards to EVERY aspect.

I thank you for having the correct MATURITY, HONOR, WISDOM and ETHICS in life.

YOUR A RARE BREED INDEED SIR...

Until that time, Gene stay safe and enjoy your life.

This thread has been noted by thousands of their core customers-internet focused consumers. If you think this will not impact their business then you are misinformed.

I was wondering about this last night as well. Also, I wonder if members of the SF community will continue buying their products once this becomes common knowledge among them.

I think that now is maybe the very last opportunity for the Strider guys to salvage all this but it is going to take coming clean and repeating their mea culpas to anyone and everyone who wants to hear it. That would be real tough to bear, I know, but-especially at this point- its the right thing to do. No more excuses or BS posts that have no substance, no hiding behind loyal friends or vague mentions of lawsuits. Just do the right friggen thing already guys!

its the right thing to do. No more excuses or BS posts that have no substance, no hiding behind loyal friends or vague mentions of lawsuits. Just do the right friggen thing already guys!

Keep in mind that Mick never made a statement until forced by a judge.

After his carjacker status was confirmed, Strider supporters frequently crowed that "Mick has made some bad decisions, but Duane is THE REAL DEAL!" I have heard that line at least a dozen times by a dozen different people.

Keep in mind that Mick never made a statement until forced by a judge.

And since then he's been saying he coulda made that sworn statement just to avoid a lot of costly litigation. There is no end to all the things he coulda done and I'm afraid we haven't heard the last of all the things Duane coulda done either. There is no limit to the human imagination and there doesn't seem to be any limit to the things some people will believe, either.

I have to agree whole-heartedly with Clovis. My big claim-to-fame while I was in the Corps was that I was OFFERED a slot at sniper school. I turned it down--which I sometimes regret 20 years on--but I was proud enough that I won the Leatherneck Marksmanship Award, had the 2nd highest score on the KD course at Parris Island (out of 470 other shooters) and that I was the only guy offered the only slot open at the time for sniper school. I can't imagine prancing around telling people I was a sniper when I wasn't. DD needs to apologize very publicly. Jim SEMPER FI

SOCNET proving that Duane’s background is not as claimed does not mean your all that and a ball of wax. It means Duane’s not what he claimed plain and simple. If anyone knew you outside of this issue I think some folks with the ability to check some of your claims would start to take a look them. Since SOCNET and to some extant Pownetwork got done what you couldn’t, now would probably be a good time to head back to ya'lls little forum where ya'll can get back to editing and banning.

Another nice comment from the Strider Camp. Seems to go along with that of person who has been running around in the desert and their brain is fried.

TAMASIHIGIRI:

I too would like to Thank You for staying focused on seeking the truth. You have taken a severe amount of abuse and an enumerable amount of cheap shots from alot of people. You have remained focused on your mission and in the end, Who is the Horses Ass?

It is also understandable that you had to seek the assistance of the POWNETWORK and SOCNET, as they have the resources to undertake such a huge and complicated mess such as DWYER.

Obviously, the Strider supporters will attempt to nullify SOCNETS findings as they did the POWNETWORKS. But you have done well.

The likes of Horney Toad and Micky are always going to throw diversions. Just ignore them.

Also, I would like to thank the "POWNETWORK" for their dedication to uncovering the truth as well. They too catch alot of ill willed comments about their work. I guess it boils down to: People just don't want to hear the truth.

Tamishigiri,

One more question, Was Mawhinney at the Strider booth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back